Passangers as sky marshalls

Oct 9th, 2001, 05:39 PM
anon

Passangers as sky marshalls

I am flying overseas in another week or so, and have been thinking about reasonable methods of assisting flight crew in case of trouble.Any ideas?Has anyone heard of guidelines being issued after these most recent events?I know the old ways are gone forever.Should we let the flight crew deal or are we supposed to jump in right away to nip it in the bud, so to speak.All the ideas I have heard on this board seem disorganized and make it up as you go along.Are the airlines issuing any statements on this subject?I want to be able to help in case of an emergency, but with no available weapons I dont really know what I can do.

Oct 9th, 2001, 06:23 PM
Clint Eastwood

If you see anyone on the plane who looks even a bit suspicious to you, you are authorized to pounce immediately and beat the hell out of them.

Oct 9th, 2001, 06:41 PM
xxx

Anon, here you go again. You just don't seem to learn anything! Weren't you just scolded for not wanting to take an AA flight even if it was free? I just hope no one really has to depend on you for assistance. Is one to assume now that you have repented, or what???

Oct 9th, 2001, 06:48 PM
anon

What?Repented for what?What does AA have to do with this thread?Are they the only airline in the world?Justify your post because you make no sence.

Oct 10th, 2001, 01:45 AM
anon

Seriously, I think the best thing to do if you notice anything strange is to discreetly tell a flight attendant about your concerns. They can tell the other f.a.'s and pilots and observe the passenger. Also, they might know something that you don't know. Besides that, I think it's best to be very aware of your surroundings, try not to jump to conclusions or make matters worse with your actions. Try to consider what else might be going on and what the repurcussions will be of your actions in that case (that nothing evil is actually going on). If it's very obviously a life or death situation, do what you have to do. That's my opinion, but I don't work for an airline.