party islands in greece?

Old Jul 9th, 1999, 02:05 AM
john

party islands in greece?

a friend and i are looking into greece for august 10-19, hoping to visit 2 islands. burned out 28 year old finance types living in hong kong looking to let off some steam and party hard. we have heard about ios and mykonos. any others? what is the scoop on ios and mykonos?

Old Jul 9th, 1999, 07:39 AM
stephany

I am going to be on Santorini from Aug. 3-10 and a friend of mine just got back from there and said "you won't want to come home!" A very beautiful and historic island that is a very popular tourist place. But you can find quiet places to stay if you don't book the town of Thira.

Old Jul 9th, 1999, 11:48 AM
mwg

Many years ago, when I went to Crete and Santorini, I heard that Ios was filled with rowdy drunken types and that it was not an attractive ambiance. Of course, so much of this is in the eye of the beholder. I never went there.

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 04:15 AM
Dong Dong

Hi John.
I'm living in hong kong and also planning to Greece too. I will stay at Greece for August 20-31. I'm young as you. Do you share your trip with me when you back, or you can give me some suggestion.
Have a nice trip! *v*

Old Jul 21st, 1999, 09:26 AM
Sharon

Hi John,

DEFINITELY IOS!!!
This is THE place for people who wish 2 party, although the average age is younger. Mykonos ic overcrowded and overpriced, and most tourists are the yuppie type. If u REALLY want to party with young energetic people, then Ios is just the right place. If you need any more info e-mail me and I shall do my best 2 help.
Have a nice trip.