Parking in Florence

Old Aug 24th, 1999, 06:18 AM
Jean

Parking in Florence

We are picking up a car in Rome, staying in San Gimignano one night, then four nights in Florence before heading to Milan for the flight home. Does anyone know the location of the parking garages in Florence?

Old Aug 24th, 1999, 06:24 AM
Paulo

The last few times in Florence I never bothered finding a garage. I just drove to my hotel and asked the concierge to call somebody of the garage to pick the car up with no extra charges. The car is also delivered at the hotel door if you wish. Expect to pay anything between Lit 28,000 to 40,000 per day. A long time ago I used to leave the fully insured rented or "leased" car parked on the curbside. More often than not, altough, curbside parking was available quite far from the hotel. <BR> <BR>Paulo <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 24th, 1999, 06:25 AM
Paulo

The last few times in Florence I never bothered finding a garage. I just drove to my hotel and asked the concierge to call somebody of the garage to pick the car up with no extra charges. The car is also delivered at the hotel door if you wish. Expect to pay anything between Lit 28,000 to 40,000 per day. A long time ago I used to leave the fully insured rented or "leased" car parked on the curbside. More often than not, though, curbside parking was only available quite far from the hotel. <BR> <BR>Paulo <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 24th, 1999, 08:58 AM
kkam

Jean, There are some parking garages in Florence as well as some of the more expensive hotels have parking. One that comes to mind is up by the Sta. Maria Novella, near the train station. HOWEVER, why not save some money and return the car in Florence and take the train up to Milan? Unless you want to drive up the coast to Genoa and then over to Milan stopping along the way, there's not much to see on the autostrada. Also, don't plan to spend a lot of time in Milan. Have a good trip.

Old Aug 24th, 1999, 05:11 PM
steve

If you do take the car to Florence just make sure you park the car legally. We thought we'd found the perfect parking place on the street only to return to find a parking ticket. It made for an amusing story but I'd rather have spent the money on more gelato.