Reload this Page >

parishuttle or another?

Search

parishuttle or another?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 05:12 AM
cindy

parishuttle or another?

I know that alot of people have recommended parishuttle. There are others, which is most reliable? Ordinarily I would take the RER, but I am traveling with my family of 5 and luggage this time. Having no experience with airport shuttles, I'd appreciate any info. We are staying at an apartment in the marais and walking from Chatelet with our luggage and more people than usual may get our vacation off on the wrong foot. Thanks

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 07:47 AM
jason

I used parishuttle after the recommendations on this site &amp; have nothing but praise for their service &amp; professionalism.<BR>there were seven in our party &amp; we had a van all to ourselves &amp; a great driver called Bart who was chatty ,happy &amp; informative throughout.<BR>If you mention fodors you will have a discount , not a huge one .<BR><BR>

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 07:58 AM
Belinda

For a family of 5 I would see I think a taxi might be a better choice. There are larger taxis. If you have a ton of luggage you might have a problem.<BR><BR>I've used Parishuttle a couple of times and have no major complaints. The only issue is that on the return trip I was first on the pick up list and just getting out of Paris took more than an hour. I don't understand why people don't understand the concept of being ready on time.

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 08:07 AM
casey

we always choose the shuttle (parishuttle )&amp; before anyone jumps down my throat we have tried all the other options.<BR>we had bad experiences with the regular taxi on more than one occasion , the drivers rude attitude didnt help &amp; no we are not typical &quot;american tourists &quot;,and as for the RER this is not an option unless you have very little luggage , dont mind crowds and you know where you are going.<BR>keep an open mind and try maybe a taxi when you arrive and the shuttle when you leave .

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Bob Brown

With a family of 5, you will have the convenience of keeping the whole group together and you will be able to avoid my major objection to a van service -- that of being the last one dropped off because my hotel was near Boulevard Montparnasse and Boulevard Raspail. With 5, you should be either first or second because most of the vans hold 8 passengers.<BR><BR>My experiences with the vans have not always been that good. The first two trips, we got a scenic tour of Paris on the way to the hotel. The first time, it was not that bad; I got a chance to spot the Louvre, the Eifel Tower, Notre Dame, etc. while we were &quot;touring&quot;.<BR>The second time, getting to Montparnasse by way of La Defence was not all that rewarding.<BR>Last September, I could not convince the driver that my name was Brown and that I had a reservation to ride the van. The fellow spoke about as much English as I do French, so the conversation was frustrating. Even after I showed him a copy of my reservation confirmation, he was clueless. Unfortunately the confirmation was in English. However, the name of the company and my name and the date should have been sufficient to convince him. No such luck. He kept insisting he was there to pick up a Mr. Bruuuuuuuuuun, not a Mr. Browen.<BR>(I assumed he could read; perhaps that was the problem - he couldn't.)<BR>We finally got there, but my blood pressure was rising. I would have said to heck with you and taken a cab, but I had prepaid by credit card and the bozos already had my money.<BR>

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 08:15 AM
typical

Bob if in doubt holler louder and they will understand.<BR>All foreigners speak english they just dont want to converse with the likes of you maybe

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 08:37 AM
xxx

I vote for a taxi (2 taxis probably given your family of 5). <BR><BR>I had a bad experience with Parishuttle, the driver left and we were told to wait another half hour. We were too tired and fed up and just went and took a taxi for 45 euro into the 6th district. That's the average-there were 3 of us plus luggage.<BR><BR>Took a taxi from our hotel back to CDG by asking our hotel to reserve one for us. Hotels do this for guests as a complimentary service and it's very reliable.<BR><BR>I don't know why Casey says his taxi drivers are rude-not sure specifically what problems were encountered. The drivers we had did their jobs; I mean there's no small talk, etc as many don't understand English and we don't speak French. Some do try to talk to you in a few words of English and are very friendly. As to luggage the drivers we had put the luggage into the trunks for us and took them out. If the luggage was too heavy my husband took it out-it happens to us here back home too. We had some taxi drivers you'd consider rude also in the US.<BR><BR>If you want to take a chance on being delayed take the shuttle.