Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Parishuttle...anyone know about online reservation???

Parishuttle...anyone know about online reservation???

Apr 5th, 2002, 07:32 PM
Zsa Zsa

Parishuttle...anyone know about online reservation???

there's no such thing as a stupid question, right? i've keyed in my reservation on the parishuttle web site several times now, and on hitting send, it just gives me a blank reservation screen. does this mean it's gone through? hasn't gone through? did i just send 7 reservation requests? am i on candid camera?

if anyone knows the answer to any of the aforelisted questions, please kindly respond. thank you.

Apr 5th, 2002, 07:36 PM
Sherry

You should really do a search for information about the Paris shuttle. There have been numerous reports lately that they are very unreliable.
Several Forum posters have had problems with reservations, payment, pick ups.
Make sure the service you want to use is not the problem company.

Apr 5th, 2002, 07:38 PM
Jennifer

Hi Zsa Zsa,

I have no knowledge of this company, but here's my perception. If I know it's not my computer but I am having major problems with a website, I take it as an omen of what is to happen with the company.

I came very close to renting an apartment from an agency in France. The woman who was to send me more information kept sending me blank e-mails! We all make mistakes, but it soon became apparent that she probably didn't really know how to use e-mail very well. I finally gave up on the idea and rented elsewhere and was totally happy.

Just my opinion,

Jennifer

Apr 5th, 2002, 07:42 PM
Zsa Zsa

ladies -- good advice all around, though (having seen the "do a search!!!" scolding posted here LOTS) from what i can tell, parishuttle is the "good" shuttle company. seems loads of people are happy with it. i'd like to call, but alas i lack international long-distance calling capability. woe!

Apr 5th, 2002, 07:45 PM
Lala

Hi Jennifer,

Just wondering: What does someone's capability in using e-mail have to do with the soundness of their business practices and quality of their properties?

Apr 5th, 2002, 07:56 PM
Jennifer

Hi Lala,

>>What does someone's capability in using e-mail have to do with the soundness of their business practices and quality of their properties?

Your question is another subject altogether! However, using e-mail is a very basic function of most businesses today. If a person whose responsibility is to e-mail information to potential clients and it isn't happening, my perception is one of ineptness. I could be wrong, but I'd rather deal with a company whose employees know how to use basic computer skills, especially when business depends on them! Their business practices could be totally legitimate and their properties the best on the market, but if they can't get the information to their clients after multiple tries, then it doesn't matter how good the company is.

Jennifer

Apr 5th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Sherry

Glad you found out this is the good company as I really couldn't keep them straight.
Do you think that you might be able to send them a fax? Because every time I have used those reservation forms on a web site, I have received an e mail confirmaiton within a day or two at the very latest. Then for sure you know it has gone through. But I have to agree with you, has it without some sign.

Apr 6th, 2002, 04:24 AM
dfc

<<i'd like to call, but alas i lack international long-distance calling capability.>>

Zsa Zsa -- perhaps your home long distance company is not set up for international long-distance, but to say you lack the capability is ridiculous. Buy a pre-paid AT&T or MCI card and use that for international long distance. You dial an 800 number, enter the card number, and number you are calling. Unless you also lack 800 number capability.

Apr 6th, 2002, 04:48 AM
Myer

If you search previous threads on Parishuttle (the supposed good one) Mark Harris is now working there and his eMail address is quite prominent on this site.

Apr 6th, 2002, 05:30 AM
mark

Dear Zsa Zsa

Not too sure why you are getting a blank screen and as your e mail address on Fodors is not real I cannot trace your reservation.
Can you contact me directly at the e mail above & I will investigate or call me on (France) 0143909191 & I'll call u straight back.
I know that our webmaster is in the process of modifying the site which may explain the blank screen.

best regagrds

Mark Harris
Parishuttle

Search this Thread