I could use some help planning travel! I will be traveling solo and I will arrive in Paris Beauvais airport on Friday, September 2nd at 2:30 PM and depart from CDG on Tuesday, September 6 at 1:30pm. I will not be jet lagged upon arrival as I will have been in Europe one week prior to my arrival in Paris! I will have a good portion of the day when I arrive on Friday and then three full days and Tuesday is pretty much a wash... breakfast and then off to the airport.
I have been to Paris many, many times before and I love it, but I have done the typical tourist stuff and many non-typical tourist stuffs so I am looking for something a little different.
One thought is to stay in Paris the entire time and do two day tours outside of the city. I am interested in a biking and champagne tour I found in Reimes. Also, I would be interested in going to Beaches of Normandy, Mont St. Michel, Tours, Strasbourg, train to Switzerland for the day. I realize staying in Paris the entire time I can't do all of these things, but would love recommendations or what is more feasible time was, what would be more of a wow factor, etc. I like a little bit of everything... culture, beautiful architecture, big cities, small towns, beaches, activity (hiking, biking, etc) wine/champagne tasting, food, cheese, and chocolate. You name it chances are it will sound fun to me. In addition, I am looking for some different ideas for the day I do spend in Paris.
Another thought was to skip Paris altogether and perhaps rent a car or take a train and do northwest France (Normandy, Mont St. Michel, Tours, etc. Or rent car/train to the east, champagne, Strasbourg, etc. Or train to Lausanne and train/drive around Switzerland (Zermatt, Gruyere, etc.). I love the thought of the beautiful mountains and crisp air in Switzerland, but I'm also thinking save it for another time and see parts of France I haven't seen since I must fly in and out of France.
Please help... any and all recommendations would be helpful, even if it is something I haven't mentioned!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arezzo - how much time?
- 2 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 3 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 4 South of London in March, ancient trees and Daffodils?
- 5 Sleep at Heathrow
- 6 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 7 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 8 Keukenhaf
- 9 Netherlands- Texel
- 10 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 11 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 12 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 13 9 day trip to France
- 14 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 15 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 16 England
- 17 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 18 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 19 Waze Navigation in Iteland? Or other?
- 20 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 21 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 22 Once upon a time in Italy
- 23 2 week May trip with kids
- 24 Which Aran Island??
- 25 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond