Reload this Page >

Paris with 13 year old

Search

Paris with 13 year old

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 07:52 AM
CR

Paris with 13 year old

I will be on my honeymoon in Paris in early May; my 13 year old son will join us for the last three days of the trip. What sights do you suggest that might particularly interest him? I don't think the museums are great fun for a 13 year old, but would love to hear your opinions or experience if you have travelled to Paris wtih teenagers. Thnaks!

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 08:17 AM
jane

We're leaving for Paris Friday with a 12 year old son. I'll post you when we get back.

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 04:05 PM
Kathryn

The walk to the top of Notre Dame to see the gargoyles was a big hit with 2 14 year old girls as was the Eiffel Tower. Short bursts (1 1/2 hours) at the museums worked out very well. Taking the metro was a kick as was hot chocolate and pastry and Angelina's on Rue de Rivoli. If you want to see my trip report, e-mail me and I will be glad to send it to you. <BR> <BR>Kathryn

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 05:30 PM
marsha

How about the new science museum - Cite des Sciences et de l'Industrie - or the Paris Sewers? Paris street life might be the best bet - for example, you might find some kids having a pick-up soccer game at the Roman amphitheater - Arene de Lutec, or he might like the flea market - Marche aux Puces de St. Ouen. Check out the street artists in Montmartre. On the other hand, my 8 year-old loved the Louvre and the Musee d'Orsay - she had done some reading and had at least one thing she really wanted to see at each museum. The Egyptian antiquities and the underground excavations might be more interesting than 18th century French paintings!

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 07:26 PM
Lynne

Marsha, is there any reason why you suggest the Marche aux Puces de St. Ouen rather than any of the other markets? I, for one, am having a little trouble differentiating one from the other. <BR>

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 05:38 PM
Marsha

Lynne: I suggested Marche aux Puces because it is the largest and a little classier (?), and probably the best known.