marleysam

Paris Weather

My husband and I are thinking about Paris
the first week in April. Does anyone know
what the weather will be like?

Jan 9th, 2001, 09:32 AM
Sandi

Marleysam,

I can not tell you about the weather the first week of April, but when I was in Paris the last week of May the weather was in the mid 50's, rainy, and dreary.... but Paris was still awesome!

I remember writing many postcards starting with the line, "I love Paris... even in the rain!"

But weather is not something you can ever really count on. Just take an umbrella, a jacket, and good walking shoes.

Sandi

Jan 9th, 2001, 09:40 AM
Caitlin

Last year, the first week of April was temps in the 40s, gray skies most of the days, some sun, and some rain. Sandi is correct that Paris is very beautiful even under gray skies and rain, and probably easier to really apprecite than during high season because it's not packed with tourits.

Jan 9th, 2001, 09:42 AM
Geri

Spent a week in Paris last week in March of last year. The weather was good -- work woolen slacks, a sweater and raincoat w/zip out lining. Worked very well. Went to Versailles and did all the tourist things. Took a day trip to Bruge and the weather was great there, too. Wore just a woolen pantsuit. Great time to visit!!

Jan 9th, 2001, 09:46 AM
elaine

www.wunderground.com When you access a forecast for a city, at the bottom of the "current conditions" table, you'll see a box for "Historical Conditions". It's great for getting a general idea of average temps/conditions during the time you'll be there.

Jan 9th, 2001, 09:47 AM
elaine

I meant to add, by all means pack an umbrella and a raincoat or jacket that you can layer a sweater under.