Search

Paris Walks?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:32 AM
Jane

Paris Walks?

Has anyone used the services of Paris Walks for guided walking tours of the city? From what I understand, the tours are led by Brits and Americans and include topics such as Hemingway's Paris and Jefferson's Paris. <BR><BR>(I'm almost positive I've seen this topic covered here in the past, but I'll be darned if I can get the search function to work today. So I apologize for the repetition.)

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 11:18 AM
Sue

Jane, try putting "Paris Walks" in quotes. Several threads come up. If the search still doesn't work for you, I'll post the URLs.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 11:51 AM
Jane

Sue, would you mind posting the URLs, if it's not too much trouble? For some reason, every time I've tried to do a search on this site recently, my browser "thinks" for a long time, then simply freezes. Perhaps, like me, it's just ready to finally get to Paris.<BR><BR>Many thanks.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 11:56 AM
ron

www.pariswalkingtours.com

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:45 PM
Howard

These tours seem like such a bargain (10 Euros for 2 hours). Does anyone know how big the groups on the tours are? Has anyone taken any of them recently?<BR>You can access its site at either www.parkingwalkingtours.com or www.park-walk.com.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:11 PM
pam

<BR>This is straight off the site. It is 155 euros for a two hour group tour. Private tours naturally, a more expensive.<BR>"The price of a guide for a two hour tour starts at 155 Euros and depends on the number of people in the group."<BR>Are we talking about the same company here? Paris Walks? They do not say how many people they can accomodate in the group.<BR>The price for the small group 2-8 (depending upon which tour you select is either 195 euros for 2 and a half hours or 195 euros for 3 hours.<BR>Also stated on the site: (Transport and refreshments not included. The guide is your guest for refreshments)<BR>Hope this helps.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:18 PM
evelyn

Hmm, I just looked at the web site and I also read 10 euros per person. I didn't see anything about 155 euros. I was looking at www.pariswalkingtours.com. 10 does seem cheap, but 155 seems way too expensive per person.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:18 PM
pam

Very confusing site. At the bottom of the page there IS a listing of walks for 10 E. How can you go wrong? The description of the walks at the bottom and the prices are substantially different from the walks mentioned at the top of the page, which must be their "more popular" walks?<BR>Otherwise, why would there be such a difference in the price? If I was interested, I'd write or call them just to make sure.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:23 PM
Fred

Gets excellent reviews by people who taken one.<BR>Paris Walking Tours.<BR>Peter and Oriel Caine <BR>12 passage Meunier<BR>93200 St Denis<BR>France <BR>Tel: 011-33-1-48-09-21-40<BR>Fax 011-33-1-42-43-75-51 <BR>E-mail: [email protected]<BR><a hr...gtours.com</a> <BR>about 2 hours - No reservation required.<BR>Adults: 60F <BR>Students (under 25) 40F <BR>Children 30F.<BR>For more Paris information e-mail me: [email protected]<BR>

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:23 PM
pam

Hi Evelyn.I was originally looking at the private large group tours.<BR>You must admit, their site could use some organization and designing help.<BR>LOL

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:30 PM
pam

Fodors thread which has reviews of paris walks by other fodorites.<BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=2

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:35 PM
Sue

Jane, here are 3 that have a little information. The others involved usually one person recommending them. (sorry, I was off treadmilling--no in-line skating for me!)<BR><BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=1319029<BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=1293006<BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=88079<BR>

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:36 PM
Jane

Thanks, everyone, for your input. The tours sound like quite a bargain, and the topics are intriguing. We'll have to spring for the 10 euros and take a tour while we're in Paris later this month. <BR><BR>I'll be sure to post my review when we return.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:34 PM
paule

I think the pricing is pretty clear:<BR>10 euros for a group tour that is an unlimited size;<BR>155 euros for a private "group" tour of 2 to 8 people (limited size).<BR>

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:59 PM
Howard

I understand that, Paule. My question is: Does anyone know exactly how big the groups can be on any tour?

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 05:06 PM
pam

No Paul. That was exactly the reason for my confusion. The "large" group size is not specified and the 2-8 person group is 195 E.<BR>I finally got it (today is not a real clear day for me)LOL and I also realized that my threads were not complete when I sent them out.<BR>Please forgive. Will take ginko beloba tomorrow.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 05:08 PM
pam

Howard, if you understand Paul- you understand "wrong".<BR>Why not write to them and ask. They have an e-mail address on the site.<BR>

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 05:09 PM
meredith

In addition to the guided walking tours you may be interested in, before you go, just FYI, check out www.hemispheresmagazine.com, then go to the bottom column and click on the "Three Perfect Days" link. On the left hand column, point and click on "Paris". Hope it's helpful!

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:53 PM
Elle

I took their Marais tour on New Year's Day this year - freezing weather, but we had at least 15 people in our group for the 2 hr walk. Very informative and interesting, and yes, a good deal for 10 euros/60 FF. (Our guide had the challenge of making change in francs and euros for the first day of the euro!) I found the tours listed in the Pariscope in their Time Out-Paris section. I'd definitely recommend to others!

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:12 AM
pam

First of 2 parts:<BR>Just received a reply from them.<BR>Hope this helps.<BR>PARIS WALKS 2002<BR>General Information No need to reserve, except where specified. Tours go<BR>rain or shine. Prices are indicated on each tour. Tours last about two<BR>hours. Meet your guide above ground at the metro exit. Paris Walks Tel: 01<BR>48 09 21 40<BR><BR>Private Tours Our scheduled tours can be arranged for groups. Contact us<BR>for details. <BR>For families or small groups: make the most of your stay in Paris with our<BR>Introduction tour: 3 hours in the company of a guide to show you Paris. A<BR>selection of the famous sights or some of the typical neighbourhoods, or a<BR>mixture of both. We have child friendly guides. Call us for more details.<BR><BR>The following walks are offered all season from April to October 31st 2002<BR><BR>Walks last about two hours and for these ones there is no need to reserve. <BR>(There are other tours to choose from on the full monthly brochure,<BR>available about two months in advance)<BR><BR>Every Monday 10.30am Ile de la Cite and Notre Dame<BR>Read the stories in the medieval sculptures and hear how this marvellous<BR>gothic cathedral was built. We also look at the history and architecture of<BR>the Ile de la Cite, and visit the poignant memorial to those deported<BR>during the Second World War.<BR>Meet at metro Cite (line 4). Price 10 euros<BR><BR>Every Monday 2:30 pm The Latin Quarter<BR>A walk through this atmospheric district to see highlights and hidden<BR>details. Roman remains from ancient times, charming old streets, the story<BR>of medieval scholars and the famous Sorbonne university, still a place of<BR>learning today.<BR>Meet metro Maubert Mutualite. (line 10) Price 10 euros<BR><BR>Every Tuesday 10.30am The Historic Marais Circuit 1. Saints and<BR>Sinners<BR>The Marais is the most beautifully preserved quarter of the city. Discover<BR>medieval houses, atmospheric old streets, beautiful classical architecture,<BR>two lovely churches, the antiques shops in the Village St Paul, and the<BR>place des Vosges, Paris' oldest square. A host of colourful characters<BR>lived here including dissolute duchesses and aristocratic poisoners.<BR>Meet at metro St Paul. (line 1) Price 10 euros

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -