Search

Paris Tours

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2000, 06:09 AM
A Traveler

Paris Tours

I just returned from Paris where my teenage daughter and I took the ParisVision trip to Brugge. We became lost using the ParisVision map when returnng to the bus for the return to Paris. ParisVision LEFT us in Belgium. Luckily, Cityrama was also there with a tour group and Cityrama gave my daughter and I a free ride back to Paris.

Old Jul 16th, 2000, 07:21 AM
Bob Brown

Have you had any more communication with them since then? <BR>If so, what did a representative of the tour company have to say? <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 16th, 2000, 12:18 PM
Donna

We took the ParisVision tour to Brugge in June. The map provided was excellent. All the sights and shops were within a few blocks of the meeting point. And, the bus was held up for more than 20 minutes for a "stray". Whenever a tour allows "free time", it's a good idea to allow plenty of time and know where you are at all times relative to the meeting point.

Old Jul 16th, 2000, 02:11 PM
A. Traveler

I am glad your map was good. Mine was blurry and we became turned around on the other side of the market (the really blurry section of the map). <BR>When we arrived back in Paris, the company seemed surprised that we had been left. They did offer to give us a tour in Paris without charge.

Old Jul 16th, 2000, 02:29 PM
elvira

A Traveler: <BR> <BR>Were you only a few minutes late getting to the bus? Or did the bus personnel give you the wrong time? <BR> <BR>When you asked someone for help in finding the bus location, were they unable or gave you wrong info? I've always found Belgians to be helpful; were those from Brugge not so? <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 16th, 2000, 02:40 PM
A. Traveler

We were 15 minutes late getting to the bus. As far as I know, the bus was where it was supposed to be. Belgians were helpful....as we needed to use their maps to make our way around the market. We managed to get on the other side of the market where the streets were not clear on the company's map. What looks like a small area, is really pretty large. Later, someone suggested that we should have taken a taxi and the driver would have figured it out. Wish I had thought of that!