Reload this Page >

Paris to Stuttgart by Train

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2002, 10:09 AM
Marla

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me. We will be traveling to Stuttgart from Paris by train the end of May. I have yet to buy tickets, although I was hoping for the overnight train to Stuttgart (from the raileurope timetable.) Here's my questions: Should I buy the ticket now or just wait till I get there (we would like a sleeper car)? Can I buy the ticket at the airport (or metro stops) when we get in to Paris? When do I need to check in? Also, from what rail station would we depart? Thanks for your help!!

Old May 15th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Louis

You can make reservations on the SNCF website. (www.sncf.fr) and pickup the tickets at their offices located between terminals 2C and 2D at CDG airport (follow signs to Gare TGV) or any of their offices in town. You can also buy them over there, a day or two before departure.<BR>Trains for Stuttgart leave from Paris Gare de l'Est station.

Old May 15th, 2002, 01:52 PM
marla

Many, many thanks!!

Old May 16th, 2002, 01:25 AM
Frenchy

Marla,<BR><BR>Being a regular of that Paris-Stuttgart train, I would not recommend the night train unless you want to spend the afternoon in Paris. The day train is long (about 6 hours), but I find the night train is quite uncomfortable as far as toilet facilities. Would not spend the night in there.<BR><BR>As far as reserving in advance: I have never seen that train being sold out, but the French portion of the trip (Paris to Strasbourg) can be quite crowded. July is usually a quieter month though. To be on a safe side, I would recommend a reservation 2 weeks in advance through the SNCF web site.<BR><BR>Bon voyage!

Old May 16th, 2002, 01:26 AM
Frenchy

OOPS: you are going in MAY, not July. Do reserve! There is the French Open at the end of the month, expect the trains (at least within France) to be quite busy on weekends.