Paris to Rome via train?

May 10th, 1999, 01:08 PM
Dallas

Paris to Rome via train?

Family of 9 planning trip from Paris to Rome in 6 days. Suggestions on best route, most scenic.

May 10th, 1999, 01:58 PM
mwg

Do you have 6 days from when you leave Paris to when you arrive in Rome or do you have 6 days to see Paris & Rome and want to stop in-between?

May 10th, 1999, 01:59 PM
mwg

Do you have 6 days from when you leave Paris to when you arrive in Rome or do you have 6 days to see Paris & Rome and want to stop in-between?

May 10th, 1999, 08:29 PM
Joanna

Via Dijon, Lausanne, Brig, through the Italian Alps, past the Lakes to Milan, then to Rome. This is the only route I've done but the scenery around Lake Geneva, the Swiss Alps and Italy as you come through from the mountains and past the Lakes, is absolutely glorious.

May 11th, 1999, 04:55 AM
Dallas

mwg: We are planning to leave Paris late Sunday, May 30th, and have to be in Rome by Thursday morning, June 3rd. We take the boat to the island of Sardinia to attend wedding. Leave Sardinia Sunday to go back to Rome and then have another week to spend before departing out of Rome on Saturday.

Thanks for your response.

Thank you too Joanna for your suggestion, sounds breathtaking.

May 11th, 1999, 06:29 AM
chuck

am also planing paris to rome via train in nov. would be interested in your experience after your return.

thanks

May 11th, 1999, 06:59 AM
dallas

Chuck: Just file my email address away somewhere and contact me in late June and I would be more than happy to relay my experiences.

May 12th, 1999, 03:36 AM
chuck

will do. thanks again.