Reload this Page >

Paris to Normandy

Search

Paris to Normandy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 06:20 PM
am

Paris to Normandy

Is there a train that runs from Paris to Normandy? Is this a feasible day trip from Paris? I believe there are some museums. Has anyone done this trip??

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 06:48 PM
Rex

Normandy is a bigger palce than you might think. I recommend that you look at the map provided at www.normandy-tourism.org/gb/02ville/indexm.html - - to take a day trip to giverny is entirely reasonable and is often on the top three or four choices for excursions from Paris. Going to the beaches is quite another matter, and the further west you want to go, the harder this becomes to do without an overnight stay. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 07:19 PM
Lauren

Also depends on what part of Normandy you wish to see. It's about 2 hours by train to Deauville, which for many people is a destination.

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 08:05 PM
Burta

I've responded to a similar question before. You might try searching on Normandy for more informaiton. <BR> <BR>At the risk of being redundant, I will tell you that my sister and I made this "day trip" a couple of years ago. On arrival at Caen, we took bus out to the Memorial Museum. I think it is faster just to take a taxi. At the museum, you can sign up for mini-van tours of the invasion beaches and various cemeteries. I suggest that you carefully note the last return train. We stayed in Caen for dinner believing that the last train was late, but found that that particular train did not run on the day we were there, so we had to stay overnight! If you only have a day for this excursion, leave Paris as early in the day as you can.

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 09:57 PM
Melissa

...and if you DO get stuck there, there's a cheap hotel across the train station. Quite a dump, but they seem to be used to stranded people and are polite. <BR> <BR>I swear, it was that old American man's fault! He told us the last train was much later, and we believed him. He was probably trying to knock me out of the Paris Marathon competition.

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 04:38 AM
Patty

When we did a tripto Normandy we did it through information we got at a terrific web site for Paris information: www.anamericaninparis.com He gives a whole bunch of different ways of doing it. We took a tour with Cityrama which is a bus tour company.