Search

Lake Como Help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2005, 11:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lake Como Help

Has anyone been there the end of April beginning of May? Was planning on travel there and and Florence any ideas
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 01:38 PM

It should be gorgeous at that time, with all the rhododendron in bloom. Plan to visit the various gardens.
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 02:26 PM

A friend & I visited Lake Como last May - May 10th. We stayed in Bellagio and Loved it. It was our favorite little town - but the others - just a short ferry ride away were also very cute. If you go...we stayed at the Nuovo Miralago Hotel. Very cute family run place...very reasonably priced...breakfast included...a beautiful 10 minute walk to town. The weather tended to be cool in the morning - light jacket needed and t-shirt and jeans by the afternoon. Also we visited Lugano, Switzerland one day by taking the ferry from Bellagio to Menaggio then the bus from Menaggio to Lugano. I highly recommend the Lake Como area. Good luck!
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 11:07 PM

My wife, 13 year old daughter and I returned from a 14 day vacation in Italy, in mid-October. We visited Milan, Venice, Florence & Rome. Loved every minute! We took a day trip from Milan to Lake Como on our 13th day & were stunned. A Quaint town, picturesque with plenty of shops & places to dine. We pined having to return home but decided to return to Italy in the future. This time starting with Lake Como & staying at least 3 days. Weather in mid-October was perfect, 70 degrees, sunny and mild. Much the same in Apr/May. Happy Planning
Old Dec 3rd, 2005, 11:07 AM

End of April beginning of May was exactly the time we visited Lake Como in 2005. It quickly became one of my most favorite destinations.

The weather was delightful....a bit breezy in the mornings and evenings. Also, when you are sailing on the ferry, you might want a jacket or sweater unless you sit inside. Most of the day was warm and sunny.

We stayed in Varenna because we did not have a car. We travelled by train and the station was in Varenna. One day we took the ferry to Bellagio. The other day we took the ferry to Tremezzo. It was a very relaxing place to be with outstanding scenery. I'd go there every weekend if I could!

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Old Dec 3rd, 2005, 01:03 PM
rex

I would think that Vvilla Balbianello will be absolutely gorgeous then. It's the jewel of Lake Como, IMO. Don't miss it; needs at least a little bit of advance planning.

Best wishes,

Rex