Reload this Page >

Paris to Brugges

Search

Paris to Brugges

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2000, 12:54 PM
lmk

Paris to Brugges

My friend & I are ditching our husbands for a day and would like to go from Paris to Brugges. Can anyone recommend a tour bus trip or would it be better to just go by train?

Old May 15th, 2000, 01:39 PM
Lori

Parisvision and Cityrama have all day trips to Brugges from Paris. They are literally all day tho, from early a.m. getting back to Paris about 9-10 at night. Check out their websites.

Old May 16th, 2000, 07:10 AM
Jerry

I highly recommend taking the train. <BR> <BR>The Thalys high speed train goes between <BR>Paris Nord and Bruges. Fast and pleasant. Once at the Bruges train station, hop any bus marked 'centrum' for a short ride right to the center of town. For Thalys tickets, try a yahoo on 'thalys'to get their web site. It would be good to reserve soon because they do fill up. <BR> <BR>Bon voyage, <BR>Jerry <BR>(full time Brussels resident and part time ditched husband

Old May 16th, 2000, 11:54 AM
amanda

I agree with Jerry. My husband and I (couldn't ditch him - he had the tickets) went Bruges to Paris last fall on the Thalys, and it was a snap. If you take the train, I'm sure you'll end up with more time there, since the train will be faster than the bus, and since you'll be able to leave as early or as late as you want. And you'll definitely want as much time in Bruges as possible: it's beautiful!

Old May 17th, 2000, 04:26 PM
Linda

Thank you all for your help! We'll let you know how things go for us.