Paris to Brugge to Nice

Search

Paris to Brugge to Nice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris to Brugge to Nice

My wife and I plan to travel from Paris (Latin Quarter) to Brugge - and were wondering about the best method of doing this?

Could anybody tell us where to get the train, and which type of train we should use?

Also is there a flight available from Brugge to Nice? (couldn't find any on EasyJet)

Thank you

Old Jan 17th, 2007, 07:18 AM

Does that twon even have an airport?

I wonder if you would have to fly out of Brussels.

If you are interested in internal BUDGET flights between European countries you can check out www.skyscanner.net
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 07:27 AM
lawchick

There is an airport - Bruges/Ostend - but it only des some charter flights. You can fly Nice - Brussels with Virgin Express.

So the choices are - paris - Bruges - by train
or
Paris - Nice by train/plane and then fly Nice - Brussels (get train to Bruges). Or vice versa.

Old Jan 17th, 2007, 07:28 AM

You can check the train schedules here:
http://www.sncf.fr/indexe.htm

The train leaves from Gare du Nord. Not sure what you mean by "which type of train".

You can either purchase the tickets when you get to Paris or you might be able to save some money getting them ahead of time. If you know what day and time you want to travel, you can purchase ahead of time from the train site I gave above.

I went from Paris to Bruges in Sept. I found a Prem fare on the scnf site for the Paris to Lille leg of the trip and printed the tickets from home. When I got to Paris, I got the tickets from Lille to Bruges at a train station. I saved over half on the fare from Paris to Lille because of the Prem fare.

There is a very long thread full of information about purchasing France train tickets online, it was started by MorganB and if you query that name, you should find. I followed the instructions in that thread to get my tickets.

Can't help on the flight, but did you check www.whichbudget.com ? This site lists lots of inter-European airlines.

Have a fun trip!
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 07:28 AM

You would have to fly Brussels-Nice, on Brussels Airlines; not a low cost airline though you can get good fares if you book early enough.
For Paris-Brugge; train to either Lille or Brussels and change for Brugge.