Search

Paris taxi

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 06:50 AM
audrey

Paris taxi

Due to a sudden change in hotels, we now need transportation from CDG to Saint Denis. I have read about the shuttle service and that costs about $18 per person??? There will be two of us. What would the taxi cost and which would be the less stressful? Do you negotiate the price with the taxi driver before hand?

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 03:59 PM
Christina

A taxi would be less stressful as you don't need all the arrangements as you do for a shuttle, not to mention the possibility of a shuttle going other places than you want with other passengers and taking a lot of time. I don't know about shuttles to St-Denis, though, or what that price might be, you would have to ask if they would even take you to St-Denis. I would think they might not even go there. But if it's $18 a person, I'd definitely take a cab, anyway. This is strictly an educated guess from geography but since St-Denis is not that far from CDG, I would guess cab fare might be around US$25, so for two of you, it would make more sense to take a cab, anyway. IMO it would make sense to take a cab even if you were going to central Paris as the difference in fare would only be a few dollars and it would be easier. Parisian cabs are metered and regulated like in most US/W European cities so you don't negotiate fares.

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 01:23 AM
btm

We found out that if there are 3 or less passengers most taxis will take you. If 4 they don't want to clen the front seat. Have your address written, if you don't feel comfortable speaking french.

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 02:05 AM
TJ

Definitely take a taxi. St. Denis is closer to CDG than central Paris. Depending on time of day, fare should run less than $30 USD. Will be much less hassle than shuttle. Show the driver the address first. If one won't take you to St. Denis for some reason, ask the next one.

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 03:44 AM
Bob

Cost is around 300ff to 350ff plus tip.