Paris Street Posters attempt #2

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 03:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mistakenly posted this on the US board. Don't know how I managed to do that, but anyhow. Does anyone know where a person can get a street poster, any street poster, while in Paris? They seem to go up in the night when everyone is asleep. I was able to purchase a small poster advertising an art gallery while in the marais a few years ago. The man posting them made himself a few euros by selling me one of them. Where can you find the large posters that seem to advertise products and movies (while in Paris)?
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 03:21 AM

You could ask a cinema when it's taking them down at the end of a film's run?
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 03:27 AM

There are many sources for posters in Paris. For a specific event, ask the organizers; they are likely to have extra copies, especially after the event is over.

For posters in general, there are some nice poster stores around the Forum des Halles that come immediately to mind.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 05:38 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
One of the best souvenirs I've ever gotten was a McDonald's poster from the metro in Paris. My husband was taking a picture of it (dogs coupling, astonished child, father saying he'd explain it all at McDonald's) when a worker came by and asked if we'd like to keep it. He just happened to be there putting up the new posters at that moment. He rolled it up for us and we carried it all day (through the Louvre, no less).

I love the French.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 05:50 AM

Lots of them for sale at Galerie Documents, on rue du Seine. We just bought the 50th anniversary poster they had commissioned from a famous Parisian artist. Prices here are comparable to wholesale prices in NYC.