Reload this Page >

Paris: St. Severin, Britannique, St Paul le Marais, Bretonnerie

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 1998, 04:38 AM
Elizabeth

For our Paris honeymoon in November we are having a great deal of trouble deciding where to stay! There seem to be many quality hotels, but we are leary about making reservations at a hotel that no one is able to recommend! Have you stayed at any of the hotels above, or do you have suggestions? We would like to stay in the 600 FRS-1000 FRS range, if possible, and would like to be centrally located. <BR> <BR>Thanks!

Old Sep 2nd, 1998, 07:15 AM
Phil

Elizabeth; My wife and I stayed at Bretonnerie a few years ago and we were both very pleased. We had intended to go back this fall but had to postpone until next spring. I thought the location was convenient and the staff helpful. If you go to http://www.pariserve.tm.fr/hotel/bre...ie/english.htm you'll get some photos and prices.

Old Sep 2nd, 1998, 09:29 AM
MIke Shaw

Elizabeth, <BR>I also stayed at Brettonerie. Good location, not too far from Seine/ City Hall and Metro. Lots of restaurants. Our room had windows overlooking street, large timber running length of ceiling. Can be a little noisy if windows open. Have also stayed at St Louis Hotel on Ile St Louis. Old mansion, antiques, not large room. But what I like most is the location. "Village" atmosphere, good restaurants, great Berthillon ice cream there, steps to Seine and NOtre Dame. Bit of a walk (but not unreasonable) to Metro. They have a "sister" hotel down street called Lutece. Also stayed at Notre Dame Hotel on Quai St Michel. We rented loft: double bed and single up in loft. Stunning view of Notre Dame, not too noisy even though on busy street, lots of restaurants ,shopping, sites nearby. I also have been in, but not stayed at, the "other" Notre Dame Hotel, on Maitre Albert street. One way street, 1/2 block from Seine, right near Notre Dame and some of my favorite restaurants, reasonably priced. I expect to stay there on my next visit. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps...

Old Sep 2nd, 1998, 10:16 AM
Meg

We have also stayed at the Hotel St.Louis and loved it. The room was very small, but had a lot of charm. We had a room on the top floor with French doors that opened to a small balcony and we could watch the sun set over a sliver of the Seine and the rooftops of Paris. Notre Dame is 5 minutes away by foot and the Pont Marie metro stop is also close. We loved the neighborhood too. I've heard good things about St. Paul, but have never seen it or stayed there. No matter where you stay, you couldn't have picked a better honeymoon destination.

Old Sep 2nd, 1998, 12:38 PM
Kam

One more vote for Hotel St. Louis. I just think it would be an ideal location for a honeymoon, but as all others have stated, it's not big. They have a website--take a look and St. Louis and its sister hotel, Lutrec. <BR>

Old Sep 3rd, 1998, 06:27 AM
Richard

Whenever we went to Paris, my wife and I always stayed at the Hotel Madeleine Plaza, good location, on the Place de la Madeleine, and cheap, about $85.00/night, dbl. This year it was closed for renovations so we opted for the Hotel St. Louis mentioned above and were very happy with the choice. You get a feeling of being away from it all, the Cite' seems quite remote. We were there in January and the rate was about 800FF, breakfast included. <BR>