Paris-St. Germain Hotels

Jan 23rd, 2001, 12:07 PM
Leah

Paris-St. Germain Hotels

I am trying to decide among the following three hotels in the St. Germain area...can you tell me which one to choose and why:
1. Hotel St. Germain des Pres (Rue Bonaparte)
2. Au Manoir St. Germain des Pres (Blvd. St. Germain)
3. Hotel Left Bank (Rue de l'Ancienne Comedie)

Jan 23rd, 2001, 01:18 PM
Patrick

Like most people I have only stayed in one of your hotels, your#3. I will be surprised if anyone can actually give you a personal comparison of two or more of your choices. I liked the Hotel Left Bank because of its location. We stayed there for two full weeks and opted for one of their deluxe, larger rooms (there is only one per floor on the back), which was a very nice and fairly large room with an extra day bed/sofa and an expansive bath. However, those rooms were very dark and had absolutely no view (into a sort of air shaft/courtyard). The air conditioning could also not be controlled in the room so we nearly froze that July.
This last summer we stayed for a week at the Regent on Dauphine, less than a block away from the Hotel Left Bank, again opting for the deluxe room, and for a little less money than the Left Bank, we liked it a whole lot more!

Jan 23rd, 2001, 03:21 PM
wendy

Actually, I have stayed in both.
I like them both for the location, but I found that I liked the Rue Bonaparte location better. You may not, as I truly preferred the smaller rooms to the larger ones in the Hotel Left Bank.
The furnishings are beautiful, elegant and classy. The hotel is charming and decorated with a lot of style.
Although, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Hotel Left Bank as I even recommended it to my lawyer and his wife on their 25th anniversary! It is decorated with style, but not as elegant. Only my opinion.
If you like larger rooms, then the Left Bank is probably your best bet. You DO have to ask for the larger rooms and pay more. Not all rooms are large!
You picked two of my favorite hotels.
Bonne chance and let us know what you think!

Jan 23rd, 2001, 06:49 PM
tim

Not acquainted with your three hotels, but can highly recommend Hotel Luxembourgh, a short walk off St Germain. Beautiful clean rooms with breakfast included in a very reasonable price. I almost hate to give away the best kept secret in the Latin Quarter. They have a very informative web site.

Aug 18th, 2001, 12:31 AM
Cher

I just returned from Paris and stayed at Au Manoir St. Germain. But, unfortunately I have nothing to compare it to. I enjoyed our stay and our location. I have photos of my room, if you want to email me. Cher