I have a few questions about traveling solo to Paris (will stay one week). This will be my first time in Europe (I'm late 20's male). My concern is whether to stay in a hostel or a hotel. Here's my dilemma, I would like to have people around me to talk to and have a drink with later in the day (as I'm sure my days will be full) and I can see that being a problem since I don't speak French....is it easy to chat with people in Paris restaurants/bars? I'd like to meet people that are a little more mature - I'm done with drinking to excess every night (I've seen this in hostel's before....and I was one of those people drinking to excess )
If I opted for a hotel room - would it be easy to meet people? Are there places in the city where you can strike up a conversation??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 2 [LEAKED!] Illusioner (2017) Online Watch
- 3 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 4 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 5 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 6 Packing Champagne
- 7 Paris Apartment
- 8 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 9 Barcelona to Malaga
- 10 Which Area in London?
- 11 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 12 Milan airport--which one
- 13 Trains - website?
- 14 two days in Nice
- 15 Visit to France
- 16 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 17 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 18 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 19 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 20 First time in Spain
- 21 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 22 New fast track
- 23 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 24 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 25 Itinerary Help, Please!!!