Reload this Page >

Paris/Rome Hotels

Search

Paris/Rome Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:41 PM
Sue

Paris/Rome Hotels

Will be travelling to Paris & Rome with the family (husband and 2 girls aged 13 & 11) and need some advice on were to stay. I believe that Latin Quarter is simply fantastic and we love the quiet small streets but also want to be close to everything. As for Rome, again something within close walking distance to Spanish steps etc. Anyone have some suggestions?

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Book Chick

Hi Sue,<BR>For Rome you might want to check these places out near the Spanish Steps:<BR><BR>Casa Howard<BR><BR>Hotel San Gregoriana<BR><BR>Hotel Parlamento<BR><BR><BR>You should be able to get further info on any of them by doing a search on Google.<BR><BR>Buon Viaggio,<BR>BC

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:45 PM
Wayne

Sue--In the left bank area, 6th or 7th districts, you won't be very far from anything in the city because the metro is excellent and the stations are numerous. So go for the Latin Quarter; you will enjoy it. I'll restate my favorite moderate hotel Libertel Bellechasse, very convenient to everything. In Rome, if you want to be near the Spanish Steps, you have a choice of top hotels like the Eden and Hassler, or a lower-priced and very nice hotel like La Residenza.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:52 PM
Wayne

Thanks for your reply, do you have any further info on Libertel Bellechasse such as email address, cost per night and where it's located?

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:55 PM
StCirq

Sue:<BR><BR>The Latin Quarter may be "simply fantastic," but I'd never call it quiet, and personally would never stay there in a hotel. We've always stayed in the 7me,but that's a personal choice. Our favorite hotels are the Hotel Duquesne and the Hotel de France, both right near the Place d'Ecole Militaire, a great neighborhood for caf&eacute;s and restaurants and carry-out places and antique shops, and banks and everything.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 05:04 AM
elaine

I haven't stayed there but I have some info on the Libertel<BR>www.libertel.com or www.mercure.com