Paris-Rome Hotel HELP !!!!

Old May 8th, 2001, 11:47 AM
ezron

Paris-Rome Hotel HELP !!!!

Its our 1x in Europe and we have 3nts in Paris and 2nts in Rome before a cruise.We are looking for accomodations(125-225 per nite). What areas do we want to be in or near?? And what hotels do the posters on this board recommend. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old May 8th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Deb

Hi, Ezron. We received really good recommendations for the following hotels:
In Paris, on the left bank near the Eiffel Tower - Holiday Garden Court Tour Eiffel, $100 per night
In Rome, kind of a center poing between the Spanish Steps, Termini & Ancient Rome - Hotel Quirinale, $150 per night.
Good Luck & Bon Voyage!

Old May 8th, 2001, 11:58 AM
JOdy

I think almost every one on this board votes for the 6th or 7th, it is right in the heart of Paris and just about every place is within a good walking distance, I've just booked a large room at the Hotel Millesime thru the internet , they have a website, have not stayed there before but it looks really nice and has good reviews, It is a sister hotel to the D'Aubusson aand about $100.00 a night cheaper!We had always stayed elsewhere in the same street but felt like a change this trip.

Old May 8th, 2001, 12:01 PM
JOdy

Knew I had that website somewhere.
http://www.millesimehotel.com/

Old May 8th, 2001, 12:06 PM
m

as far as rome goes: here's something from another thread currently up on the board that suggests some good hotels:

Author: dave ([email protected])
Date: 5/07/2001, 10:54 pm ET

Message: Can someone recommend a 3 or 4 star hotel in Rome where the rate is no higher than $200 US a night?
It must be within 20 minutes walking distance to the touristy stuff (forum, colliseum, etc....).
Names of excellent restuarants also appreciated.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: Carol ([email protected])
Date: 5/08/2001, 1:42 pm ET

Message: We were in Rome in March and stayed in two hotels: Colonna Palace and Portoghesi.

Both of these are in the old section of Rome near the Piazza Navona and Pantheon. The neightborhood has wonderful little shops, bakeries, gelato, etc. at your doorstep.

I'd definitely stay at either hotel next time in Rome.

Write me for names of restaurants...I have them in a file on another computer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: m (@b.c)
Date: 5/08/2001, 2:50 pm ET

Message: Another choice is Santa Chiara (http://www.venere.it/roma/santa_chiara/ , also in the old section.