Paris restaurants open Sunday

Old May 15th, 2002, 06:11 AM
Sue

Paris restaurants open Sunday

Any recommendations for restaurants that are open on Sunday in Paris? Not "splurges", just good French food. Thank you.

Old May 15th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Open 24-7

Don't worry about it. Hoof it and you'll find many places open for good old fashioned French food. Now, if you want something a bit better, make a reservation for a place like Bofinger.

Old May 15th, 2002, 06:26 AM
Liz

I just did a search on the Zagat site for Restaurants open on Sunday, and it came back with a list of 375! Could have fooled me, we had a heck of a time last year finding something open in the rue Cler area.

Old May 15th, 2002, 10:45 AM
Sue

There is a bistro across from Notre Dame that is not touristy and gets good writeups: Le Vieux Bistro. 14 rue du Cloître-Notre-Dame. Brasserie Balzar on rue des Ecoles is a bit pricier, I think.

There is a list of bistros and their hours and approx prices in francs (divide by 6.5 for $) at http://www.artrepublic.com/wow/travel/paris/bistros.asp

I notice La Fontaine de Mars,129 rue St-Dominique, in the 7th is open daily--very highly spoken on the forum. Thoumieux, 79 rue St-Dominique, 7th, also.

I agree with Open--you can usually find something, but it's a good idea to have a back-up place in mind.

Do you have any area in mind?

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:57 PM
jeff w

I made a reservation at Chez Maitre Paul (recommended in Fodors and Michelin for Sunday). Also Bistro D' Hubert is also open. I have reservations at both but cannot make either. Both restaurants are reachable by email. You can find email addresses to restaurants at www.michelin.com.

Old May 15th, 2002, 01:28 PM
joy

Jeff:

Are you sure Chez Maitre Paul is open on Sunday?? I think they are close. Could you double verify that. Thanks.

Old May 15th, 2002, 02:07 PM
jeff w

I am positve they are open since they sent me an email confirming a reservation there for Sunday Mai 26 at 8:00 pm. Unfortunately, I am touring the Seine that evening at 8:45. You can reach them at [email protected]. I received a response on April 15, 2002 to an email I sent so it is fairly recent.

Old May 17th, 2002, 11:10 AM
Susan

What are the prices like at Chez Maitre Paul? Is it near Le Regent Hotel on Rue Dauphine? I need a reservation for Sunday May 26th.