Paris rental car return

Search

Paris rental car return

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris rental car return

We will return a car to Auto Europe at a paris location, but would like advice on which is the easiest drop off.
We (2 parents, 2 kids 11&14, luggage) will be traveling from Orleans/Loire valley area. Would the Orly airport be easy? We will then need to get into Paris where we will stay for a few days. Hopefully in the 7th district. We do not want to drive in Paris, as my husband and I would like to preserve our marriage, at least until our kids are grown.
This is the reverse of a previous post where I got very good advice.
Thanx in advance!
Old May 27th, 2003, 12:30 PM

You could drop it off at either CDG or Orly, yes, but I think it would be less hassle to drop it off in the Loire in some place that has good rail connections, like Tours, or closer to Paris, like Chartres, and take the train right into Paris.
Old May 27th, 2003, 12:41 PM

I dropped off at the Europcar location behind Place D'Etoile right off the highway in Paris and it was easy. It's right near the metro and I hopped on and was at my hotel in 10 minutes.
Old May 27th, 2003, 12:42 PM
ron

We returned our car at Orly airport after driving from Angers in the Loire valley, via Chartre, and found it quite easy. Just about the time I was starting to wonder why I was not seeing road signs directing us to Orly, the signs started appearing and were easy to follow.

Our car, booked through AuroEurope, was with EuropCar. It was about a 1 minute walk from the EuropCar check-in to the taxi rank. It seemed to be a much less confusing place than was CDG where we had picked up the car, but perhaps that just reflected two weeks of driving experience in France.
Old May 27th, 2003, 02:04 PM

We dropped off our rental at Orly last summer, very easy to find from the highway. After you leave the car rental place it's a two minute walk to the bus stop where the bus to Paris leaves every 10-15 minutes. You can buy your tickets from a machine right there (5 euro) - you never need to enter the airport building. Bus drops you off at a metro. No problem at all with a 20" roll on and one smaller bag each.