Paris questions: are these still usable?

Apr 5th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Mare

Paris questions: are these still usable?

We were in Paris in 1999, and are returning in a few weeks. We still have the carte Orange cases with our pictures inside. I know that some tourists haven't been able to buy this kind of ticket lately, but we're going to try. Do we need to bring new pictures, or are the ones in the cases still good?

Also, when you exchange your old francs at a bank, do they accept coins or just bills. (We have both.)

Finally, I assume that Telecarte's expire, even if they have lots of time left on them?

Apr 5th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Gretchen

You can use your Carte Orange folder.

Apr 5th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Christina

yeah, I've used my Carte Orange ID card for several years now. I got a new one once when my got real old and the picture out of date, but mainly because I wanted to -- it doesn't cost anything, you know, to get the ID card, you just have to be sure you have a photo. On the other two, I think phone cards expire in 6 months or so, but there's no harm in trying one to see. You can exchange coins. If whatever bank you go into won't do it, they are supposed to at a post office or a branch of the Banque de France.

Apr 5th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Kelly

Go ahead and try the Telecarte, I just used one the other day that I have had for about a year and a half.

Apr 5th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Mare

Thanks for your replies!

Apr 5th, 2002, 02:53 PM
elvira

The telecarte will have an expiration date on it; if it does NOT, then it's good until FranceTelecom throws a fit.

You can exchange both coins and bills at the bank.