Paris on Easter Sunday/Easter Monday

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 08:16 PM
ChgoTrvlr71

Paris on Easter Sunday/Easter Monday

I am taking my family on their first trip to Paris this April. ARe museums, restaurants, sites open on Easter Sunday and Monday? Should I worry about having limited time in Paris and having two of those days being holidays?

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 07:24 AM
elaine

Hi
You'd have to check the individual websites for the various attractions, I think. I checked a couple for you.
The Louvre will be closed on Easter Sunday but open on Easter Monday.
The Musee d'Orsay is always closed on Mondays, but appears it may be open on Easter Sunday, at least it doesn't say that it will be closed. The Eiffel Tower will be open both days.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 07:43 AM
wintkat

We were in Paris two years ago for Easter Sunday and Easter Monday.Mostly everything was closed down for Monday. I would not travel to Paris again at that time of year.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 08:44 AM
G Wright

One of the major problems is that there are a bazillion people (or more) in Paris for Easter. If you can get near Notre Dame, for example, you're a better man than I. Also, the lines the E. Tower are horrendous. Have fun!

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 09:12 AM
Bob

We were there on Easter last year and it was wall to wall people. So Sunday and Monday look for outdoor activites.
Example would be to walk the small back streets of Paris away from the major sights.

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 09:05 PM
tina

I was in paris for holy week (the week before Easter) and it was great. I flew home on Sunday but wish I had stayed for the holiday. Palm sunday, and good friday have a great significance in France. Remember that France is overwhelmingly Catholic. The bakeries have special seasonal treats.