Reload this Page >

Paris on a Sunday

Search

Paris on a Sunday

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 02:05 PM
Ann

Paris on a Sunday

What are your favorite restaurants for dinner in Paris on a Sunday evening? I know many are closed Sundays...

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 04:20 PM
dindin

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 05:34 PM
kate

We never had problems with restaurants being closed on Sunday.They are mostly open in the Marais, as are stores.But get a good guide book,like Access Paris, they have all that info, you can find out what is open ,when.<BR>Have a great trip!

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 01:17 AM
francesca

Look in the Patricia Wells book Food Lovers Guide to Paris. She lists the restaurants open on Sunday (at least the ones covered in her book, which are all good ones).

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 09:55 AM

tp

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 10:06 AM
elaine

Hi Ann<BR>The Zagat restaurant survey for Paris has a special section in the index called Sunday-Best Bets.<BR>Just some of the ones I like are<BR>Brasserie Balzar in the 5th,Brasserie de l'Ile St Louis in the 4th, La Bucherie in the 5th, Flore en Ile (4th) (food is average, but great view of Notre Dame) and Vegenande in the 6th<BR>(again, food not top notch but an absolutely stunning turn-of-the-last-century interior, and a reasonably-priced prix fixe menu is a good value).<BR>

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 10:07 AM
elaine

oops, typo. that's Vagenende

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 08:13 PM
xxx

This is what frustrates me about this forum. Ann is looking for a recommendation from you experienced travelers not a web site for research. Elaine was helpful!

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 09:43 PM
Sue

In the 7th Thoumieux, La Fontaine de Mars, Auberge Bressane; in the 14th la Coupole.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 03:04 AM
Gretchen

Sorry but here is another website for the Paris Touris and Convention bureau--a LOT of info n a LOT of things, including a list of restaurants open on Sunday. Since someone recommended La Fontaine de Mars, I will second and third that wonderful place.<BR><BR>http://www.paris-touristoffice.com/cgi-bin/otp.cgi?Target=va/service/plan/plan<BR>

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 04:13 AM
yyy

xxx, Ann is getting what she is paying for, advice from amateurs who are doing their best. Stop grouching.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 05:13 AM
AGM/Cape Cod

Ann-<BR> We went to Fish la Boissonnerie on the rue de Seine in the 6th. It is near our hotel so we stopped in earlier and made a reservation. It is Mediterranean and somewhat lighter than other meals we had enjoyed. The only problem is that it is a small room and the French smoke.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 09:10 AM
Ann

Thanks for the help guys! <BR>We're staying in the 7th and Fontaine de Mars sounds interesting.<BR>I've been to and forgotten about Brasserie Balzar - another good one.<BR>Ofcourse, I have books - P. Wells, Zagat, etc... - just wanted to hear your favorites. Sunday will be our last night in Paris, want something maybe a bit special...

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 09:25 AM
ryan

We've gone to Blue Elephant on Sunday night, the last three times we've been in Paris. We like the change of pace from French cuisine and it happens to be great Thai food. The decor is that of a jungle, garden setting.<BR><BR>It is located in the 11th at 43-45, rue de la Roquette (near the Bastille/Voltaire Metro Station.) It is just a short walk from the Bastille monument.<BR><BR>A nice Riesling from Alsace goes great with Thai food.

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 03:14 PM
yy

ttt