Search

Paris Museum Pass Query

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2022, 03:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Museum Pass Query

Help Fodorites please!
does anyone have recent experience with the Paris Museum Pass? At what point after purchasing does one go about choosing a timed entry slot? The official ticket site states: “Choose your timed slot early as popular museum times fill up fast”. Does the Pass need to first be activated? I’ve searched but can’t get a step by step process of how this works. Am I missing something here? Feels kinda like the chicken or the egg thing. Duh. We’re going to be in Paris next week and need to know ASAP. Also, does it matter if we’ve purchase etickets on line before going or wait to buy on arrival?
Old Jun 3rd, 2022, 10:31 PM

You do not need a museum pass, or a ticket really, to be able to reserve an entry time for the Louvre or any other museum. Make up a number, or leave the ticket field blank, as all you are doing is reserving a time slot. To my knowledge, there has been no effort to enforce a match between an actual ticket number to the number attached to an entry time slot. Just make sure you have a time slot.
Old Jun 5th, 2022, 03:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Sarastro - noted.
Old Jul 29th, 2022, 10:52 PM

Pass code for reservations

After spending way too much time searching through the Paris Pass faqs, I finally found the answer. When reserving a museum time before having the Pass in hand, it is recommended using Pass number 200000. Then you'll show the Pass when entering the museum. Bon chance!