Paris Museum Pass no longer sold...

Old May 22nd, 2001, 08:29 AM
elaine

Paris Museum Pass no longer sold...

at the Louvre and the Orsay museums, I've just been told. Can anyone verify? Not that I would choose those places to buy it anyway, but just curious.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 08:40 AM
Judy

Hi Elaine? When we were there 2 years ago, we bought our Museum pass at the Louvre...it was convenient. I wonder why? Very interesting,mmmmmm, <BR>Judy ;-)

Old May 22nd, 2001, 08:48 AM
Maribel

Elaine, <BR>Don't know about the Louvre, but I do know that in March I was told by clerks in the d'Orsay gift shop that the museum pass was not sold there in the gift shop (as I had read here on the Forum) but instead INSIDE the d'Orsay itself. I believe I remember seeing signs in the Paris tourist office branch in the Carousel that the museum pass could be purchased there.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 08:49 AM
elaine

I know up until recently you could buy the pass at the Big 2, I've been told that the policy has changed. <BR>The intermusees website is still sort of half-closed for renovations so it doesn't help verify this

Old May 22nd, 2001, 08:52 AM
Maribel

Elaine, <BR>Forgot to mention that as of April at least the museum pass was being sold at the small museum next to the d'Orsay, (there was an advertisement there to that effect), the "Legion....."(can't remeber what it's called!) where there seem never to be any lines.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 09:06 AM
ALW

My sister and I just bought museum passes at Cluny at the end of March.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 09:33 AM
RJD

Bought our museum passes at the ticket office outside the Sainte Chapelle. Another reason to visit this most marvelous of Paris sights.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 09:55 AM
Ess

We bought our museum passes at the Louvre, it was the shortest line, there was only one couple in front of us. There is a separate booth for buying the carte musee. We picked up two 3-day passes and dashed right up the escalator with no wait, though there were long lines to buy a single one-time ticket to the museum. At the Orsay, there were also fairly long lines to get in, but the museum staff were waving people with the carte musee right inside bypassing the long lines. This was last November, however. <BR> <BR>I can't imagine why you would no longer be able to buy passes at these museums, but another poster here, Ursula, said that the museum staff might go on strike soon.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 06:19 PM
wendy

I bought the museum pass last month at my hotel- Georges V. They also sold them in the subway stations.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 01:28 AM
clairobscur

<BR> I called Orsay (couldn't manage to get someone at the Louvre) and they told me they still sell the pass, and don't plan to stop selling it.