Paris Moulin rouge.

Aug 14th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Original Poster

Paris Moulin rouge.

Is it worth the high price to see this show.
Other posters say it is crowded, food is so so and show is tacky

Any other suggestions for a great Paris show.
Aug 14th, 2013, 07:21 PM

I cannot speak to the food as we went to the late show, and yes it is crowded and yes it is tacky and yes it is Paris and the Moulin Rouge and yes it is expensive. That being said the show was not bad. If you have been to Las Vegas and attended one of the shows at the Tropicana or the Stardust then this is what you will see.

The late show does not get out until about 1:30 am so make sire your next day does not star to early
Aug 14th, 2013, 08:25 PM

I do not like this type of show, however, I saw one in Paris , not at Moulin Rouge but at Paradise Latin (because we wanted to see the building projected by Eiffel).
We bought the ticket without food (just a glass of champagne); it was a OK evening but nothing more.

On the other hand, we really enjoyed at Crazy Horse ; it is a more modern style cabaret. It is a sexy and creative show. Very talented dancers, innovative choreography, a nice combination of lights .
http://www.lecrazyhorseparis.com/en/19-mai-1951-en/
Aug 14th, 2013, 08:49 PM

Forget what other's have to say. Most have never been. It's good if you want it, hell if you don't. It's no different than going to a show in Vegas, tacky for some, classic for others. Just don't expect the food to be something to write home about.
Aug 15th, 2013, 04:12 AM

hi bellac
My husband and I went to a late night show of the Moulin Rouge in 2009. My brother-in-law talked it up as he raved about seeing it and this was very uncharacteric of him.My husband was hesitate to go as it was very expensive but hell we'd flown half way around the world and the disappointment on my face was too much.We booked the last show on a Sunday night for 11pm before we left Paris the next day.
Yes the girls are topless but you soon forget about that after a time.The show was flawless between sets, there were jugglers, a multilingual ventriloquist, balancing act and more. The dancing was superb. We didn't have a meal so I can't comment about that but we did have a bottle of wine included in the ticket. The show and quality may have changed since then but it is a wonderful memory for us
Guess who now raves about the MR to others? My husband ....
Aug 15th, 2013, 08:45 AM

I went a number of years ago and had dinner with champagne. It was not the best meal I have ever eaten (of course didn't expect it to be) but was fine. The show, I thought, was good -- similar to "Jubilee" at Bally's in Las Vegas.

There were lots of people there, but you have assigned seats so I don't know what the comment about being "crowded" means. Anytime you see a show where the theatre is full, it is crowded.

I felt it was worth the expense as a one-time thing. Although I'm sure I will return to Paris, I probably won't do the show again. There is something iconic about the red neon-outlined moulin (windmill) though.

This post reminds me of the gondola ride v. no gondola ride in Venice posts. As you may imagine, I am an advocate of gondola rides and have taken 3.