Reload this Page >

Paris - Montmartre

Search

Paris - Montmartre

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 07:18 AM
Joanne

Paris - Montmartre

Hi there,<BR><BR>We are a youngish couple looking to stay in Montmartre for 3 days during March. We have settled on a hotel (Hotel du Flore)and have a vague idea of things we would like to do. We are however in desperate need of cheap restaurant guides. We plan to go to the Moulin Rouge for dinner one evening therefore the other two nights need to be cheap and local. Any help would be much appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Joanne

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 07:56 AM
Leone

May I suggest you hit MR for only the show (you'll need a reservation), and have dinner elsewhere beforehand - the food at MR is pretty grim, by all accounts. And get a copy of Cheap Eats, study it, and take it with you. You will not find good restaurants in Montmartre - look elsewhere, such as the Arr. 5-6-7 or 1-4. And do soem research on this site - lots of good tips. Ciao, L

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Ursula

Joanne: I second Leone's advice. Have dinner at "Beauvilliers", Rue Lamarck 52, instead, not too far from your hotel. Not cheap either, but good food and a truly authentic old Paris bistrot.<BR>Get yourself a copy of the Zagat's restaurant guide. www.zagat.com<BR>Lots of very good cheap places mentioned there as well.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Peg

In December, I had a great meal in Montmartre at a small neighborhood place named Le Maquis (69 rue Caulaincourt). I ordered the special for the day and for 120 FrF, I was served an avocado half stuffed with shrimp salad, roast chicken in a fabulous sauce with a potato gratin and some unbelievable pastries that were made there. Wine was included for that price and needless to say, I was one happy camper! Highly recommend!

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 12:01 PM
Christina

If you only care about a relatively cheap, decent meal, you can definitely find it in Montmartre, even if there aren't a lot of restaurants there written up in guidebooks or in restaurant reviews. I can't give you names, but I've spent enough time in that neighborhood (and dined at a few, just picking out what looked good at the time) to know you won't go hungry and won't have to go across town to get a decent meal. You will be in a good neighborhood with places, so that's convenient--walk around rue Caulaincourt, rue Lamarck and rue Lepic, you'll find some decent cafes.