Paris Metro - RER at CDG???

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 09:41 AM
Ellie

Paris Metro - RER at CDG???

We would like to stay our last night in France out by the airport after we drop off our rental car but would like to go into Paris for the day. Can we do this on the RER? Are there any hotels that this would be feasible from? Thank You!

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Christina

Yes, you can, quite easily as there is a RER stop at the airport. There are a couple hotels right near that RER stop, depends on your budget. I think the CDG airport Ibis (a 2-star budget hotel) is right next to it (be careful on that as there is an Ibis near the airport, also), as well as a mid-level Novotel. There are other hotels there with shuttles or not far, but I think those atwo re right next to the RER stop.

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 10:33 AM
kerouac

There RER from CDG costs 7.60?. The cheapest hotel out there is the Première Classe at 32? for a double or triple (see www.envergure.fr with the location Roissy-en-France for the hotel). There is also a nearby Formule 1 even cheaper (www.accorhotels.com -- the biggest hotel chain in the world, by the way). There are also tons of cheap (and more expensive) hotels across from Gare du Nord, so you could drop off your car at CDG at get a hotel in Paris at Gare du Nord -- you'd save a lot of travel time.

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 10:34 AM
kerouac

Clearly this site has a problem with the euro symbol which shows up as a ?
That says something about the reliability of Fodor's already, doesn't it?

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 01:53 PM
Alice

kerouac, you have got to be kidding! You must have missed the thread a couple of weeks ago that instructed posters what sequence to key that will cause the euro sign to appear. It isn't so much Fodor's as html issue.

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Ellie

Thank you for the suggestions. Does anyone know what the travel time is from CDG to the center of paris?

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 12:16 PM
jeanne

First, to type the Euro symbol, put in "&", then "euro", then ";"

& euro ; with no spaces = €

Now, back to the original subject. We faced the same quandry...last night in Paris or at CDG? All our friends have said "Stay at the airport that last night". But our flight isn't until noon and I would rather have that last lovely night in Paris. Even if my flight were earlier, I would just get up as early as needed and catch a cab. That way I don't have to worry about luggage, tickets, trains, and who-knows-what else.

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Anne

Jeanne, I think it depends on your travel plans. We are staying at the Comfort Inn CDG for around $50 night for a double (free shuttle to the airport)for our last night. However, we are starting our trip with a 3 day stay in Paris, then going elsewhere, and returning to Paris on Sunday night for a Monday noon flight. Rather than hauling luggage from and to the airport for just one night, we're staying out. If I was already in Paris, I wouldn't change hotels just to avoid hassle in the morning!

Anne

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 05:47 PM
MIke

You might investigate the Paris Shuttle at http://www.parishuttle.com/services.html. We are using them to go back and forth to the airport. Portal to Portal service. less than 20 E each for 2 or more passengers.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 06:33 AM
Jinx Hoover

We did exactly what you propose to do--stayed 2 nights at the Novotel at CDG on August 12-13--turned in the leased car--rode the RER--had a delightful day in Paris--then flew home on August 14. Perfect!! Jinx Hoover