Paris- Marriott Rive Gauche Deal?!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was able to hold a rate of under $100 USD (including tax) at the Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel. Is this located in a good spot? I am a city girl (Chicagoan) and have no problem with public transportation, but still want to be in the heart of the city so I can walk around alot. Need thoughts! Should I snag this deal?

Thanks.
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 06:55 AM

It is within Paris city limits but I wouldn't say it's in the heart of things.... Have you checked it on a map, like 'Google maps'..? You can get some opinions about it by reading reviews at Tripadvisor.com
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 06:56 AM

I do want to say, however, that is an excellent rate for this class of hotel.
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 07:06 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
It is not a place I'd book if I was paying full rates. But it is near several metro and an RER station and that is a very good rate for that class a hotel.

Only you can decide if the bargain is worth the less central location. I'd personally probably go for it at that price.
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 07:26 AM

Have you purchased this room on Priceline? If not, how did you get such a cheap rate?
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 08:12 AM

That is a great deal!

However, I would not stay there. When I go to Frnace, I want to feel like I am in France. A Marriott is a Marriott, and I do not want to feel like I am on another business trip. I prefer aprtments and something a little closer to the river.

Again, a great deal considering you are paying in dollars and that includes tax. It even made me consider trying to book a similar rate at the same hotel for our six day trip coming up next month.
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for all the replies so far. One thing I did not mention, we will also be staying in the Normandy area for 4 days and have booked more of the quaint, french little inns, etc. So luckily, we will be able to experience that side as well.

Thanks again!
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 08:49 AM

Hi Erin,
I stayed in this hotel recently (on a Priceline win) while visiting my daughter who was attending college in Paris. It was a nice break from her rather spartan apartment, as the room was very nice, close to North American standards. Also, it was convenient for transportation, on a metro line as well as a bus route which takes you directly to Blvd St Michel and St. Germain so you can explore from there. As I have visited Paris several times it was fine for me. If I were new to the city, I think I would prefer to stay closer to the centre and be able to walk around close to my hotel - there's not a lot to see in the vicitinity of the Marriott. A hotel or apartment in the St Germain area or the Marais would be my first choice. But if you don't mind having to take the metro or a bus to get where you want to be, you'll be fine there. It's Paris, after all.
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 11:14 PM

Erin, when are you going? I'm getting a rate of like 240 Euro
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

Savannah-

We are going Feburary 16th-20th for our Paris stay.