Reload this Page >

Paris : L'Hotel or Hotel D'Aubusson ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 03:52 AM
M

Which one would you stay at in June? Any other suggestions welcome. Have done several searches, websites etc. Just looking for the inside scoop.....Thanks

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 05:00 AM
elaine

Hi<BR>there are many past comments on this message board about the d'Aubusson, mine among them.<BR>If you do a search here for it you will find them. I can't recall if L'Hotel has also appeared; it would hurt to search for it, and also check the Rants and Raves section of this Fodor's website, as well as www.paris.org<BR><BR>I stayed at the d'Aubusson Dec 00.<BR>Just a few blocks from the left bank end of Pont Neuf. Beautifully decorated, as if it had been redone last week. 5-8 minute walk to either St Michel or Odeon metro stop. 15-20 minute walk to Notre Dame. Provides hair dryers, and amenities like shampoo. They also offer for sale the carte musee (museum pass) with no additional mark-up on the prices. Rooms facing rue Dauphine do get some street noise from traffic or horns, but not terrible. “Superior twin room” was 1550 FF.<BR>Hotel neighborhood charming, many shops and boutiques with fine goods.<BR>Also, nearby rue Buci has many places to buy provisions for a picnic, stores selling fruits, cheeses, breads, wine, even roasted chickens. You’ll need your own paper plates, utensils, napkins, and cork screw.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 05:15 AM
m

I think that the D'Aubusson is more charming than L'Hotel. That said,both are very nice.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 09:02 AM
V Allen

I've stayed at the d'Aubusson several times, and in fact, am going back there this month. The hotel is delightful, very clean, pretty decor, pleasant and quiet rooms, great neighborhood as it is just off the Pont Neuf and near to many of the major sights.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 09:15 AM
M

Hotel D'Aubusson is full. Still waiting to hear from L'Hotel. Relais Saint Germain has space but I have gotten very mixed reviews "tired and smoky" vs "great location and charming" any additional help would be greatly appreciated. M

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 12:27 PM
Lisa

I chose the Buci Latin over the D'Aubusson. They have been very nice to work with via e-mail.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 12:54 PM
janice

I found the Buci Latin to be noisy.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 05:14 PM
sandra

another hotel in the same area not as posh but lovely is the hotel du seine it is about 10 feet from rue buci and 5 minutes to blvd st germain.