Reload this Page >

Paris/Latin Quarter--Have you stayed at these hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 1999, 04:37 AM
sam

Going to Paris and want to stay in the Latin Quarter or surroundings. Will go with friend but not romantic. Looking for clean, safe, inexpensive room that I will only sleep in. Have you stayed at the following hotels.---HOTEL PERREYVE, HOTEL AU ROYAL CARDINAL, SAINT JACQUES HOTEL, GRAND HOTEL SAINT MICHEL, HOTEL DU MONT BLANC, HOTEL SUNNY MOUFFETARD Will take other ideas also. Thanks

Old Sep 30th, 1999, 07:00 AM
Lee

Sam: In the Latin Quarter, we've only stayed at the Hotel Sully-St. Germain on Rue Des Ecoles. It's just down the street from the Sorbonne and within walking distance of Notre Dame. It's about one block to the Metro stop at Maubert-Mutualite', connecting you with all of Paris. <BR> <BR>It was clean, safe and comfortable and cost about $92.00 for a double (with shower/WC) including a good breakfast. Sorry I don't have the number as I am away on business and the info is at home. You can probably find it on the web or someone here at the Fodor's site may know it, also. <BR> <BR>Good luck!

Old Sep 30th, 1999, 05:29 PM
Myer

We stayed not far from the latin Quarter in St Germain de Pret. Near Notre Dame, The Seine, etc. <BR>Stayed at a Best Western Hotel Left Bank. Highly recommend it. Best price was through Best Western and not the hotel. App. $150 for both of us including breakfast. Right next door to the famous Procope on Rue Ancinenne Comedie.

Old Oct 1st, 1999, 05:17 AM
sam

thanks. Keep it coming ! !

Old Oct 1st, 1999, 10:35 AM
kevin

My wife and I stayed at the Grand Hotel Saint Michel last New Year's Eve and enjoyed it. Good location and clean rooms. The staff was very helpful, even providing a flower vase for my wife the moment she walked through the doors with a bunch of flowers. We didn't even have to ask for one. Added bonus was a branch of the pastry shop Dalloyau right across Boulevard St. Michel. <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 1st, 1999, 11:52 AM
Lori

Can't help you with any of the hotels you mentioned, however, we stayed at the Familia in May and are returning in November. Also, stayed at the Residence St. Chrisopher 2 years ago.

Old Oct 4th, 1999, 05:34 AM
nilly

We were in Paris a few weeks ago and also stayed at the Hotel Sully Saint Germain. Here are the details- ph:01 43 26 56 02 or e mail [email protected]. <BR>Great location and probably best to ask for a room in rhe new section, but be prepared -rooms in Paris are VERY SMALL. <BR>Have fun.

Old Oct 4th, 1999, 09:37 AM
Tom

I stayed at the Hotel St. Jacques a few years back. While clean and modestly priced, the rue des Ecole is VERY noisy and I'm sure this forum has plenty of better suggestions.

Old Oct 4th, 1999, 12:03 PM
Christina

I thought I posted this but can't see it, if it's a repeatI haven't stayed there, but from viewing the outside, I'd say the Grand Hotel Saint Michel looks like a very good choice. First, the location is superb, convenient to RER/metro, even walking distance to the Seine really, near many cheap/moderate cafes and restaurants, the Luxemboug Gardens are just across the street, and if you need to use AOL (or any ISP), there is a great cyber cafe (Cafe Orbital) right near there just around the corner from Dallyou's on rue de Medicis, facing Luxembourg Gardens--one hour connect time about 50-60F. Anyway, the Grand Hotel St-Michel is quite attractive on the outside, which is why I noticed it -- many hotels look better in the reception area than the rooms for face purposes, but this one looks really nice, and it's down a side street so would be a quieter location than on the blvd. Also, it's not mentioned in Rick Steves or other real popular guidebooks, so probably won't be as hard to book or overrun with Americans and backpackers as some other hotels. I believe the rates are quite reasonable, also, as I recall. Anyway, I realize all my comments are superficial (appearance and location), but I figured that's better than nothing, and location really is a very important consideration on a trip., my excuses: <BR>