Reload this Page >

Paris kitchen ware

Search

Paris kitchen ware

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15th, 2001, 09:30 AM
Jeff B

Paris kitchen ware

Any Parisians (or others) with recommendations where to purchase quinticentially French kitchen tools and wares. Any idea, is E. Dehillerin on Rue Coquilliere still around? Yes, I know you can find most of it here but...nothing like schlepping a ton of copper home with you... <BR>

Old Sep 15th, 2001, 09:32 AM
s.fowler

Yup. Here's their website: http://www.e-dehillerin.fr/

Old Sep 15th, 2001, 10:34 AM
Karen

Jeff, <BR> <BR>Found some fun kitchen items in the grocery stores in Paris, like: <BR>- salad tongs with Eiffel Tower as handles...cheesy....but fun <BR>- pot holders with French words on them <BR>- platters and serving bowls with French scences <BR> <BR>Also found hand-decorated bread plates and baskets in the bread stores. And butter knives and butter holders in the bread stores. <BR> <BR>And some little dessert plates in the pastry stores. <BR> <BR>I agree you can find most of it here; but how can you resist Eiffel salad tongs??? Have fun.

Old Sep 15th, 2001, 11:17 AM
elvira

on rue Paradis, and the streets around, (10eme) are many porcelain and ceramic shops with dinnerware as well as tureens, casseroles, etc. Not a lot of tourists...and the Baccarat museum is on the same street (extraordinary crystal displays!). <BR> <BR>If you go upstairs in Galeries Lafayette or Printemps to the housewares departments (just like in U.S. stores), you'll find the stuff the Parisians buy for their own use. Check out the china and flatware departments, too, for things like coffee bowls and unusual serving pieces. BHV also has a lot of things (hee hee even chef jackets!). <BR> <BR>You can also find some things at Monoprix (I found ramekins for like a buck apiece) at prices typical of a discount store (think Wal-Mart but smaller). <BR> <BR>At Vanves and St Ouen flea markets you can find "antique" kitchen stuff like knives and whips - at Vanves, get there before 1pm as the antique dealers leave then and the cheap market stuff comes in.

Old Sep 15th, 2001, 11:58 AM
lisa

Really funny - Eiffel Tower salad tongs....cheesy, but very funny! What a great conversation piece. I'll look for some when/if we go.