Paris/ Italy Itinerary

Search

Paris/ Italy Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris/ Italy Itinerary

My husband and I are planning to go to Europe for two weeks in May. He went there as a teenager, this is my first trip. My husband loved the food in Italy, but he didn't care for much else in Europe (I don't think he appreciated culture as a youngster). I am very much interested in culture and the arts, good food, and romantic adventures. I have always wanted to go to Paris, so I thought we would start with 5 nights there. Then we will fly to Rome. Now this is where I need your help... I have been reading quite a few of the posts, and I am a little undecided. Here is my preliminary itinerary: 5 nights in Rome. Wake up on 6th day, drive to Assisi. Tour Assisi and drive to Florence. Spend 2 nights in Florence. Take train to Venice, and spend 3 nights there. Fly home from Venice. Does this make sense? Do I have enough time in Florence? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 11:16 AM

Hi hoya,

Sounds like a good plan for a first trip to Europe. I wouldn't even change anything...

OK, Perhaps a drive thru at least some of Tuscany as an alternate to Assisi.

I better stop

-e
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 05:03 AM
ira

Hi H,

Nice plan.

I think that you will find it easier to fly www.myair.com from Paris ORY to Venice VCE and fly home from Rome.

Old Oct 13th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. I agree that it might be better to fly out of Rome. Also, we won't have to move around so much towards the end of the trip when we'll likely be tired. Thank you!
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 10:53 AM

I would do one less night in Rome and one more night in Florence, maybe doing a day trip into Tuscany. Of course I like wandering the country side and small towns more than I like big cities.