Paris in May

Feb 11th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

Paris in May

I'm going to Paris in May with my sister. Need a nice clean hotel that isn't over the moon cost wise. Would love to be within walking distance of the main attractions.
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:44 AM

Paris in May!! Fantastic!! Both times I've gone in May the weather has been excellent.

I like the Familia in the Latin Quarter. I think we paid about 90E for a room with 2 beds and private bath. Perfect location for walking day and night.
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:45 AM
jenifer

1. Do a search using the search box at the top of the page. This question has been asked and answered many times, so you're sure to find the info you need using search. Search for "paris hotel" as a starter.

2. To get feedback on this thread, please specify how much you're willing to pay. "Over the moon" is very subjective. What I consider expensive may be quite different from what you consider expensive, so we can help you best if we know what you really want.

3. Nothing is walking distance to all the main attractions. Paris is a very walkable city, and the metro is very easy to use for getting around. But you'll have to choose a neighborhood that appeals to you and choose a hotel there, as there are many "central" areas to choose from.

Feb 11th, 2004, 12:09 PM

stay in the 9th. it's very nice, and reasonable prices. everything in paris is within a 10 minute metro ride or 15-20 minute walk. and walking through different neighboorhoods is the best part for me. just have an umbrella in case and don't worry. i am going back again this may and will stay in the opera district again. main attractions...the whole city is the attraction.
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:31 PM

Yes, Paris is indeed a very compact and walkable city, but not to give you the wrong impression, everything is NOT quite within a 10-minute metro ride or a 15-20-minute walk.
Most consider the 5th thru 7th Arondisements as the most convenient areas for tourists to stay.
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:07 PM

There are several holidays in the month of May where certain museums will be closed. I'll try to get those for you, but do you already know your travel dates?..
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:11 PM

According to http://www.parisinsites.com/holidays.html
May 1 Labour Day (Saturday)
May 8 1945 Victory Day (Saturday)
May 20 Ascension (Saturday)
May 31 Whit Monday
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:00 PM

I agree with stormygirl on the Familia Hotel. Great location, good prices clean & comfy! Skip the breakfast at the hotel and there is a wonderful patisserie across the street ( I miss it very much). I'm not sure it might be a bit more, but see if you can get a room with a balcony facing rue des Ecoles. They also own the hotel next door to them called the Minerve (sp) There is an incredible restaurant down the street by the university that I can look up if you are interested.

Here is their link http://www.hotel-paris-familia.com/

Have fun I?ll be with 2 of my 3sisters in Rome this May.