Reload this Page >

Paris in February

Search

Paris in February

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 07:30 PM
Rick

Paris in February

I'm traveling to London/Paris for school vacation week next February with 4 young teenagers, any suggestions for best family friendly yet inexpensive areas for hotels in Paris (all set in London)?

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 04:59 AM
elaine

Rick <BR>Could you narrow down your budget?--How much do you want to spend on the hotel each night, approx? <BR>There are several budget-minded hotels that have triple or quad rooms, do you need to accommodate 5 or 6 people? <BR>Some hotels with quads and/or triples, recommended on this forum and elsewhere, are <BR>Palais Bourbon E-mail: [email protected] <BR> <BR>New Hotel Roblin, <BR>Email [email protected] <BR> <BR>Hotel Saint-Jacques Web site: <BR>www.france-hotel-guide.comh750 <BR> <BR>Hotel Champ de Mars <BR>email [email protected], <BR>website www.adx.fr/hotel-du-champ-de-mars <BR> <BR>Grand Hotel Leveque <BR>website www.hotel-leveque.com, <BR>email [email protected] <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 06:27 AM
Rick

More on Paris in February: There will be six of us, me and my wife, and our four kids. Because we expect to rent two rooms, I'd like to keep the cost closer to $75 than $100. My wife and I stayed in Paris 20 years ago on our honeymoon at the Hotel des Medici -- but I can't seem to find that listing anymore. I'm more concerned with an appropriate area for the entire family, I'm leaning towards the Lux Gardens/Pantheon area. Any suggestions?

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 06:40 AM
Book Chick

Rick, <BR>Could you have stayed at the Hotel Clos de Medici in the Latin Quarter? <BR> <BR>I think if you do a web search, you will find Clos de Medici, but I'm undercertain if this is the one you're talking about. <BR> <BR>Both the Hotel Minerve & Familia Hotel in the Latin Quarter are renowned to be family-friendly & both are owned & run by the same family. They're located at 13 rue des Ecoles & 11 rue des Ecoles respectively. <BR> <BR>Phone for Familia is 01.43.54.55.27, & they have triples & quads. (The largest room in The Grand Hotel Leveque is a triple, BTW.) <BR>Best Wishes, <BR>BC

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 06:42 AM
Lori

The rooms at the Minerve are larger than the Familia, specifically room 102 and 103.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 06:50 AM
elvira

Try: <BR>http://www.franceway.com/hotels/delhys/ <BR> <BR>Very centrally located, inexpensive (toilets are down the hall), English speaking staff. It's on a pedestrian street so it's pretty quiet.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 09:52 AM
Christina

There is a real cheap hotel in the 5th called Hotel de Medicis at 214 rue Saint-Jacques (phone 43-54-14-66), I'll bet it's that one, not Clos de Medicis. I think Lonely Planet describes it as dilapidated and a dive (and maybe cockroach-infested?)--the guidebook Let's Go recommmends it, which sort of that explains its clientele. I do think it's still open for business as it's in the phone book, if you want to stay in the same place. Anyway, with teens, I think the Lux/Pantheon area is nice and you might look at the Hotel College de France and Cujas Pantheon in addition to the others suggested, maybe Cluny Sorbonne, also. Hotel des Mines is around there and adequate, I think, but nothing fancy, that's for sure.