Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris In Early September? Package Plans ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 05:56 AM
Greg Gallagher

I have always loved Paris, but have not been there recently. My wife and I have some time in early September (7 - 16) to visit. I have done some minor research so far. How is the weather at that time of year. The last time I was there I stayed at the Concorde St. Lazare during the summer. What if any places comparable would you suggest? We are looking at package plans that include airfare. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you in advance for your replies.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 06:28 AM
Ess

Greg, the Air France website lists package plans including airfare and hotel. Also, I've used Go-Today.com for good (and super cheap) package plans. On both sites, you get a choice of hotels to select from, the packages vary by hotel type (from basic to fairly luxe). I've never been to France in September (been there in November, Spring and Summer), but other people have said that it's a lovely time of year to be in Paris. Have a wonderful time!

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 06:33 AM
Chris

Hi Greg <BR> <BR>Weather is good, from what I remember from last year. My friend visited in the end of Sept/early Oct and it was a good temperature and not rainy (but you never can tell with Paris.) We had some rain in Tours, but that was it. I think we had light jackets though. <BR> <BR>Bon vacance!

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 07:02 AM
carol

I was in Paris last year at that time and the weather was gorgeous and a little on the warm side (70s).

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 07:54 AM
bob

I too used gotoday.com for my trip to Paris in January, and was pretty pleased with them. I'd like to go back again soon, and will probably use them again.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 08:03 AM
Greg Gallagher

Wow! Talk about speedy replies. Thanks all so much! I figured after I thanked you I will try go today.com and the air france sites. <BR> <BR>Keep them coming. <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 10:39 AM
elaine

There's another package trip organization called <BR>"Go Ahead" vacations which is quite reliable. <BR>You might do just as well regarding prices by booking your own airfare and hotels separately, if you like. <BR>I have a file on Paris with some hotel suggestions; if you'd like to see it, email me. <BR>At that time of year I think you would want a hotel with a/c for sure. <BR>I never go to Paris in any season without an umbrella though.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 10:48 AM
Christina

I've been there in early Sept and the weather is fine, of course. LIke US Mid-atlantic, sort of, if you know that area. There are quite a few good companies with packages to Paris. In addition to the ones mentioned, try New Frontiers www.newfrontiers.com, French Experience www.frenchexperience.com, France Vacations (think they're in CA)www.francevacations.net, and www.eurovacations.com I think French Experience has a pretty good list of hotels to choose from at various price points.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 06:40 PM
John H

Hi, Greg, <BR> <BR>i was in France last September (9-24) and am going this September (one week later). I think it's possibly the best time to go. We had two days of rain out of 16 days on our trip last year. Paris was even in the 80s that first weekend we were there -- I always get hotels with a/c if possible, especially in early September. <BR> <BR>One caution: Paris fashion season occurs in September. Hotels are usually booked months in advance. If tou companies hold slots, you may find a good hotel. But, if you decide to try on your own, you will be hard pressed to find a decent hotel with vacancy. (I booked my hotels 6 months in advance last year and 7 months early this year). So, I would move as quickly as possible on this. <BR> <BR>Enjoy! <BR> <BR>john h.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 08:58 AM
mary

September is a GORGEOUS time to go to Paris -- warm, comfortable evenings and bright sunny days (most of the time) without humidity. I went to Paris via American Airlines Vacation, which was "package-pricing" but no tour guide sort of thing. Price included airfare, hotel w/magnificent breakfast (we had a choice of several hotels, all of which were good; transportation via Mercedes van from airport to hotel and back;vouchers for several great restaurants;museum pass, which obviated the need to stand in line at the Louvre;Metro pass, etc. All the advantages of a package with the bonus of being able to choose our own activities. The AA rep. met us when we arrived at airport--gave us much good informational material along with our vouchers. AND a bottle of lovely wine arrived in each of our rooms during our first evening. Very good deal!1 Paris is wonderful -- so much more than the sum of its parts. Dare I say "je ne c'est quoi"? (Pardonnez vous spelling!!)