Paris in 90 Seconds

Search

Paris in 90 Seconds

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris in 90 Seconds

Here is a link to a little YouTube video I put together. I used my kid's photos from their previous 2 visits to Paris to compile a sort of "Everything you ever wanted to know about Paris, but didn't have the time to wait" video. None of the photos were retouched, reoriented or changed, so in 90 seconds you are going to see about 1,000 shots taken from almost every spot in the City of Lights. It is kind of neat when you realize how many things you can actually recognize, even though they are only displayed for a fraction of a second. So enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hqMcnsWoKU

dave
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 10:18 AM

My eyes! My eyes!

I'm impressed. And exhausted...
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 10:24 AM

That was very cute!
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

I kind of figured with all of the questions we get from folks who build itineraries that include usually way too many things, that if I just put together some short videos of literally everything a person can see in a location...well then it may help folks to see the errors of their ideas. I just finished the Rome in 4 Minutes video and will also upload it to YouTube as soon as our thunderstorm is over. I plan on doing one of these for a bunch of locations around Europe. They are fun to do and kind of crazy to watch.

dave
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 12:38 PM

That's very cool! And yes, it's amazing how many things are instantly recognizable, though of course it helps if you've been there many times. I couldn't catch the end of "Croyez que chaque jour est..." though; will need to rewind to see that.

Thanks!
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

Here is an interesting point on how our brains work. These are all done as still photos. The total amount of time that each photo is displayed is actually .3 seconds. There is a .1 second fade between each photo, so the actual amount of time you see a clear picture is slightly more than one-tenth of a second. Some seem longer, as there may have been several photos of the same shot. I just find it interesting on how fast we can actually process things we see, including the reading of words.
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 06:02 PM

How the heck did you do that? We will be in Paris in two weeks and want to document our memories. What kind of camera did you use?
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 06:12 PM

Love it!
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 06:34 PM

fun, cool, insane!
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Original Poster

To Sils...we actually do video documentaries, meaning much is shot with HD video camcorders but we also use DSLRs to take both stills and a lot of HD Video. Canon is one of our sponsors and supplies us with equipment. The shots done in Paris were all shot with either a T1i or T2i and a variety of lenses, along with intervelometers, steadicam rigs and other such things.

Our DSLRs are not "out of the box" and have been modified greatly in both internal circuitry and capability. What makes them work well for video work is that we can use essentially any lens on them. The negative is that we are limited in maximum shooting time in video mode. However, with the things we can do, it would take a very, very expensive and heavy professional video rig to even come close in capability and quality. The still shots range from 15 to 18 megapixel, so they are huge in size.

The shots in these little videos we are putting up are simply the RAW files we did a quick convert to JPG files and then just threw them on the timeline. We use Sony Vegas Pro as our primary editing software, but you could do much of the same thing with the inexpensive Sony Platinum program.

dave