Reload this Page >

Paris Hotels Request: Latin Quarter

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 1998, 02:53 PM
John Sygielski

I would like to stay in the Latin Quarter area of Paris for two nights in early September. I would like to stay in a quaint, small, nice, quiet hotel - price is really not an issue but I don't want to spend more than $200 per night. Location is really important to me? Also, I plan on flying from London to Paris. Thank you in advance!

Old Aug 17th, 1998, 03:45 PM
raeona

I think you're in for a pleasant surprise -- at the number of really decent Paris hotels available for considerably less than $200 a nite. In the Latin Quarter, we recently stayed at the Rue St. Christophe (about $108/nite); it's a short walk from the Rue Mouffetarde which abounds with bistros and restaurants. It's a small hotel -- we had a decent size room and large bath and found it very, very pleasant.

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 05:26 AM
Lee

John: We stayed at the Hotel Sully-Saint Germain in January and liked it a lot. It was about $90.00 inc. breakfast (good breakfast!) and we took a slightly larger room on the street on the second floor (a little noisy, but has a balcony) and it had a nice bath and a room safe. the elevator is tiny, though, but on the second floor, we used the stairs. <BR> <BR>The hotel is located just two blocks from the Metro station Maubert-Mutualite' and within walking distance of Notre Dame. Try the pasta at the La Strada just two doors down. The hotel is at 31 Rue Des Ecoles and the phone is 01.43.26.56.02. <BR> <BR>Have fun! <BR>

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 04:04 PM
anne

Our favorite in Paris is the Hotel Des Grandes Ecoles - on Cardinal Lemoine in the 5th. It's a charming little place built around a courtyard - like a country inn in town! Right near Rue Mouffetard mentioned above. Doubles 500 francs. Phone 011-33-1-43-26-79-23 <BR>

Old Aug 19th, 1998, 09:00 AM
MIke Shaw

John, <BR> <BR>I stayed at the De Notre Dame Hotel, which is on the Left Bank, on the street running along the Seine. We rented the loft for ~1050F a night. Great view of NOtre Dame, not much street noise, and near lots of restaurants. Also recommend Hotel St Louis, on Ile St Louis. Old mansion, smallish rooms,antiques, and great location. Also has sister hotel on island, Lutece. Little more expensive, my pricing is out of date but it should be on the net.... <BR> <BR>Hope this helps....

Old Aug 19th, 1998, 09:30 AM
Mike

Slight addenda to the above...that hotel is the "Le Notre Dame". The "De Notre Dame" is also a nice small hotel, about a block from the Seine, on a one way street leading to the Seine. On Left Bank, couple of blocks from the other hotel. Accidentally ended up there, friendly staff, made a reservation at the above hotel for us. Seemed like a noce spot, would like to go back and stay there. <BR> <BR>