Reload this Page >

Paris -- Hotels in Latin Quarter

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 10:25 AM
Mike

Hi. My wife and I are looking for a quaint hotel with a balcony in the Latin Quarter of Paris. It will be our first visit and want to make it special and romantic. Any suggestions?

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 02:00 PM
john

My wife and I have been just visiting France. We have been staying at such a hotel as your question.It was good in value.This hotel is named Hotel du l'Chien and is located in Rue Mirage, number 16.Those persons are speaking English like America there.Very quaint balcony.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 09:06 AM
Anne

Hi there, <BR>Hotel Le Notre Dame does not have a balcony, but does have rooms with windows opening right onto the Cathedral. Friends stayed there and raved, so we're going to try it this summer. Rates about 1000ff. Anyone with more info about this place, please let me know! <BR>Thanks.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 09:35 AM
Jane

My husband and I honeymooned last year at the Hotel Des Grandes Ecoles, at 75 Rue Cardinal Lemoine. It's a charming hotel on a side street, with several buildings surrounding a delightful courtyard. We got a balcony room without even requesting it and paid about 600ff per night. <BR> <BR>See www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75005ecoles2.htm for more information.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 09:55 AM
Lori

The Familia Hotel and The Minerve Hotel (right next to each other and owned by the same Eric Gaucheron) have some rooms which have balconies. My husband and I have always been comfortable at these hotels. We recently stayed at the Minerve for the first time - had room 204 which was a large room by Paris standards and had a balcony overlooking the always entertaining Rue De Ecoles.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 11:16 PM
kim

My husband and I spent 4 nights at the Moderne Saint Germain Hotel in the Latin Quarter in October 1999. Charming hotel with a small balcony overlooking the Rue Des Ecoles (33 Rue Des Ecoles). Clean, friendly, great breakfast in the morning. Walking distance to Notre Dame. We even walked to Louvre and Arc. Easy walk to metro. We would stay again.

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 04:42 AM
Kim

Hi Mike: A very nice but expensive hotel is the Lutectia. It was ground zero after WWII where those in the camps could be reunited with families, so it has an illustrious past. The hotel is right in the 6th and there are not only excellent restaurants and cafes there (like Deux Magots - Hemingway's place)but it is in walking distance from the big garden on the left bank (just can't remember the name today)! There are small balconies that open onto a small park and the area is just stunning for romantic late night walks.

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 05:01 AM
Judy

Hi Mike, we stayed at Hotel de Notre Dame which is owned by the same people who run Hotel le Notre Dame. Very quaint, very French place with an an excellent location. Did not have a balcony, but our room had a very large picture window, that had a view of the Notre Dame's spire. It is a city block away from Our Lady. Off season rates were very reasonable IMO. Judy

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 07:16 AM
Anne

Re Latin Quarter... <BR>We arrive in the morning and plan to walk around Notre Dame area that afternoon. Any suggestions on casual places to eat near the Cathedral (within short walking distance as we'll be tired)? Apologies for putting this message in here instead of restaurant board, but wanted to ask you since you've been there. Thanks.

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 09:27 AM
Lori

There is an absolutely wonderful crepe place (not a stand a restaurant) on Blvd. St. Germain des Pres called St. Germain Creperie. Sit down service, good crepes, soups, and salads. I don't know the address, but it is close to the Maubert Mutualitie metro stop.

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 10:39 AM
Christina

I know a few hotels in Latin Qtr with balconies that you might consider: Hotel des Grands Hommes near the Pantheon has balconies on front and one top floor room with two balconies that is particularly nice (see digital.france.com/hotels); Hotel California at 32 rue des Ecoles (www.webscapades.com); Hotel Claude Bernard on rue des Ecoles also it's on a lot of websites; the Hotel Parc Saint Severin is close to Seine and doesn't have balconies but at least one top room with a terrace and good view. Some places with balconies don't really have great views, though (like my favorite hotel which is why I won't mention it, but it's not in Latin Qtr anyway). You can find very nice hotels with balconies in the 7th and the 16th, also, which may be nicer, many parts of Latin Qtr are not so romantic (although I would consider Grandes Hommes as I like that location; maybe the California but that street is very noisy). You don't list prices, but the Hotel Spendid Etoile is very splendid and has some rooms with views/balconies onto the Arc (see www.123france.com) but it's more expensive than the moderate 3-stars I listed above (like 1500F/night). However, there is another Hotel Splendid on avenue de Tourville which has views of the Eiffel Tower (from all rooms I've read, not sure) and at least one great end room with a balcony you can see on the web site www.rentoparis.com. It's a modestly priced 3-star hotel (but I've read good reviews) in a quieter, cheaper area but very convenient (close to Eiffel Tower and Ecole Militaire stop). The Hotel Kleber near the Arc in the 16th is a little ritzier area but nice and also has rooms with balconies for around 1200F superior rm (also see www.123france.com). With all the hotels, you must be sure to specify you want a room with a balcony as every room won't have them, probably only a few or some of them. YOu could also consider the Hotel Le Tourville in the 7th which I don't think has balconies but some nice rooms with private terraces and good views.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 06:25 AM
Anne

Hi Lori, <BR>Thanks for the restaurant info.