Reload this Page >

Paris: Hotels D. Vendome, P. St. Augustin, L. St. Romain

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 09:14 PM
az

Does anyone have any first-hand experience w. any of these three hotels: Duminy Vendome on Rue du Mont Thabor, Pavillon St. Augustin on R. de la Pepeniere, or Louvre St. Romain on R. St. Roch? I have the info from their web sites, and I found an old (1999)posting for the St. Romain by doing a text search on this board. Is the L. St. Romain air contitioned?<BR>Thanx for any info you can provide.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 05:43 PM
az

Have learned that L. St. Romain is NOT air conditioned. Still seeking feedback on D. Vendome and P. St. Augustin; can anyone help?<BR>Thanx.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 05:55 PM
Leslie

A couple of years ago I tried to get reservations at the Duminy Vendome, however, it was booked (and this was months in advance of our trip). It is one of the featured hotels in the British Airways Vacations Guide. British Airways has fairly high standards, so I would think it would be fine. We did stay at the Astra Opera which was also featured in the BA Guide, which was fine.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 08:21 PM
kerry

Hi, I was wondering the same thing. I booked with Duminy Vendome instead of the Lourve Saint Romain because of the a/c. The location of both is great, although I would prefer the 6th. arr. Have you checked hotelboulevard.com? They have pics of the duminy. We are not going till end of apr., beginning of may.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 04:55 AM
elaine

Hi<BR>Across the street from the St Romain<BR>(where I once stayed, in summer, and liked it. I didn't realize that they don't have a/c, must have been cool when I was there) is the Hotel Comfort Louvre Montana, at 12 rue St Roch.<BR>It's been a few years, but I liked the hotel very much. I believe it h as a/c.<BR>Same excellent location.<BR>I believe you will find good comments on it at hotelboulevard.com or paris.org