Paris Hotel Suggestions

Nov 10th, 2000, 10:59 AM
brian

Paris Hotel Suggestions

This will be are first trip to Paris and we are looking for a 3 star hotel with a great location and helpful staff. We are looking for something close to the action, as well as romantic. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Nov 10th, 2000, 11:10 AM
elaine

Hi brian
Paris Hotels is one of the most frequent topics on this forum. If you do a search here for that topic you will find many good recommendations. I also recommend the book Cheap Sleeps in Paris, as well as the website
www.paris.org for very useful hotel information.
Among the most often-recommended 3-star hotels,, are
Relais St Sulpice, Caron de Beaumarchais, d'Aubusson, le Regent,
l'Abbaye, Fleurie,Danube, Relais Medicis,Bersoly's, Relais Bosquet, Verneuil,etc. You could search on those individually as well.
Finally, I have a Paris file including many hotel entries which I would be happy to send if you email me.
Enjoy your trip.

Nov 10th, 2000, 11:16 AM
Shelley

Brian, my husband and I stayed in a quiet, "chic" part of Paris called Passy. The hotel, which is inside a courtyard (very traquil) is called Le Hameau de Passy. Reasonable at this time of the year (we paid 600 FF/night including bkfst, local taxes & VAT -- they will make you a deal if you stay more than 4 or 5 days. They have a web site, just don't know the URL. Have a blast.

Nov 11th, 2000, 06:48 PM
Rachelle

Depending on your budget, one of the greatest hotel I have stayed at in Paris is a small boutique hotel in St Germain des Pres.
The Buci Latin on rue Buci,I believe the rooms start at FF1800/night, which includes an exceptional breakfast.
The entire staff was extremely helpful.
I will never stay anyplace else

Nov 11th, 2000, 07:49 PM
Miane

Check www.parishotels.com, great site for hotels in Paris. Focus on the Quartier Latin or Saint Germain areas, the best places to be for a first trip. Send me an email if you need more info, I'm a former parisienne. Enjoy!

Jan 7th, 2001, 11:44 AM
Judy

Here it is! Judy