Paris-hotel st andre des arts?

Old Aug 28th, 1999, 06:03 AM
karen

Paris-hotel st andre des arts?

We are planning a family trip to Paris and would love to hear anything about the hotel st andre des arts, 6 eme, or the hotel du lys, 6 eme. Thx!

Old Aug 28th, 1999, 06:50 AM
J.Rio

The hotel you mentioned is a lovely and comfortable spot on a lively street that parallels the noisy Boul'Mich (Boulevard St. Michel). But since I hope you will be spending most of your time out venturing, you will find in the vicinity an assortment of moderately priced restaurants. My favorite hat shop -- for men and women--is on St. Andre des Arts! The Cluny Museum, specializing in Medieval Art, is about two blocks away. And of course, you will be within a few minutes of the Seine and Left Bank institutions such as the Cafes Flore and Deux Magots. The hotel is ideally and centrally located!

Old Aug 28th, 1999, 08:04 AM
Lara

We are leaving for France, Italy and Switzerland next week. For some reason I have a photo of the Hotel des Artes from our last trip there. My mom stayed there many years ago and we stumpled apon it. We've never stayed there, but I'd be happy to email you the photo if you'd like. Feel free to contact me if you like. Lara

Old Aug 28th, 1999, 08:34 AM
karen

I'd love to see your photo of the hotel. Thanks!

Old Aug 28th, 1999, 02:43 PM
gpotvin

Stayed there in 1995. Great location and great prices. Nearby are many great restaurants and nightspots. There is a wonderful grocery about 2 blocks to the east and you will be about 4-6 blocks from Jardin du Luxembourg, a great place for a picnic and a walk.

We had a most wonderful meal at A LA BONNE CREPE about 2-3 blocks east on rue Gregoire-de-Tours (phone 43-54-60-94). The crepes are wonderful and you can drink wine or cider as you watch them make them.

You are only a short walk from St. Michel a square just across the Seine from Ile de Cite, where Notre Dame is located.

If you want a description, look in Sandra Gustafson's "Cheap Sleeps in Paris", but don't let it scare you off. We have been to Paris three times and from now on will stay at the St. Andre des Artes. The location is perfect, the staff efficient and accomodating (day staff all speak English) and the breakfasts truly continental with coffee/tea, and baguettes with jam and butter.

Have a most wonderful time! Bon Voyage!

Old Aug 29th, 1999, 12:19 PM
James

You can try www.paris.org They have a hotel index which is rated and has comments from those who have presumably stayed there. Perhaps your hotel is there. Good luck.