Paris hotel ---please help!!!!

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 07:35 PM
sommer

Paris hotel ---please help!!!!

i was looking at the best western la fleche d'or hotel. the rate seems reasonable for hotels in paris but i would like to ask you guys for your opinion to see whether its nice or not. i want to stay in a hotel that is located closely to most attractions, restaraunts, metro, etc. would that be better than the lido hotel? please help meeee!!!!!

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 07:42 PM
sommer478

is anyone home????

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 07:58 PM
No

In a word, No.<BR><BR>Can't beleive how many kind replies you recieved to your last post. Now you are whining because 10 minutes have passed and you have not had anyone jump to respond?<BR><BR>Do a search. On this board, and on the net. Book something, already.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 08:19 PM
sommer

look i will TRUST ME just wanted to get ANOTHER opinion. hehe!<BR><BR>

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 08:32 PM
tom

11:35 to 11:42 DOES seem a little impatient don't you think? And then be rude about the lack of response?? Perhaps if you had posted a better title someone who knows anything about the best western la fleche d'or hotel might see/read your question.<BR><BR>Since the VAST majority of Fodorites would not have stayed at that particular hotel you need to include the name in your title.<BR><BR>Just trying to be helpful

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 08:46 PM
sommermustdie

Tom -<BR><BR>Don't bother trying to help. Do a search here for "sommer" and see how many nice, patient people have already helped her in spite of her lousy post titles and demanding tone.<BR><BR>Sommer apparently has now been trained to expect this. She must be stopped.<BR><BR>NB, Sommer has failed to heed the advice she was already given to book a hotel NOW, since her trip is supposedly in October. Let her (and her unfortunate husband) figure it out herself from now on.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 08:52 PM
tom

sommermustdie: (A little strong there don't you think?) - Thanks for the heads up. I didn't see the earlier threads. Don't you just hate it when someone asks a question and then gets snippy when they don't like theh answers. Reminds me of Vadim a few months ago with the crazy trip to London and Paris who argued with everyone who offered him advice.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 04:25 AM
sommer

Why are you people so rude? After all, I am Sommer and I am used to getting what I want. When you are young, blonde, shapely, and oh so HOT!!! like me it just works out that way. All I have to do is smile, flash a bit of leg, and I get what I want. Oh YES I AM SOMMER, QUEEN OF THE HOTEL QUESTIONS. BOW DOWN AND PRAISE ME!!!!!

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 08:36 AM
Yucktosommer

Geez, how obnoxious. I'm sorry I offered any advice in the first place. Someone as arrogant as Sommer can afford to get free advice from a travel agent, no?

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 09:30 AM
BeatChick

sommer? "show a bit of leg"?? What, are you from the '30s?? You must be in you're 80s now. No wonder you're so impatient.<BR><BR>Sweetie, do us all a favor and look at all those lovely hotel suggestions all those wonderful people gave you (y'know, maybe some of them put some time & effort into helping you), slow down & breathe, and THINK about your options. Then, MAKE A FREAKING CHOICE!! Lastly, show a smidgen of humility and thank all the nice people for helping you.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Jen

Thank God for alcohol...

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 04:58 PM
nomore

I think SOMMER is the new idiot on the block. We had HIHO and fortunately, the others names have slipped my mind (forever I hope) but one comes along every once in a while to annoy us.<BR> Maybe if we ignore it, it will go away.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 05:33 PM
Sommer

look u guys----someone else posed as me and put in that message about being young, blond, to bow down and praise me or whatever else they said. the fact of the matter is---this is my first trip to europe---and yeah im was being a little impatient becuz i wanna go ahead and book the damn thing already. i just dont wanna screw this trip up. so if u guys can help me thats fine---if not then you guys should be spending your time in the other chat rooms becuz this is not a place to be criticizing people----its a place for INFORMATION and OPINIONS!!!!!!!!!

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 06:31 PM
x

&gt;&gt;so if u guys can help me thats fine---if not then you guys should be spending your time in the other chat rooms becuz this is not a place to be criticizing people----its a place for INFORMATION and OPINIONS!!!!!!!!! &lt;&lt;<BR><BR><BR>Sommer, get a grip! You are acting childish, and are being treated accordingly! Use real words, (because, not becuz; you, not u) don't whine when you don't get a response in 7 minutes, do some of your own research, take the wonderful advice you got on the other thread, and book a room! You are bringing these criticisms on yourself, so GROW UP!

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 06:43 PM
GoAwayUntil

sommer, I have a better idea. Stay home. Long in the tooth Valley Girls are the ultimate ugly Americans.<BR><BR>Just why do you think you are getting all these "rude" responses? Because (or becuz if that is easier for you) you have no idea of courtesy, even how to write a reasonable query.<BR><BR>The reason the imposter used your name is because you are such an easy target!!!!!

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 07:15 PM
troll

TROLL!!!!!!!!!<BR>Even morons can spell better than this!

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 07:26 PM
sommer

You guys are sooooo immature! I can talk however the hell i want!!!!!! Stop being my english teacher CUZ CUZ CUZ this is not the place for it. You must all be really bored and have nothing to do. This actually my first time on this site THIS WEEK and ive realized that there are a bunch of immature good for nothing low lives here. I hope one day someone treats you the same (to whoever wrote me nasty messages!) This is soooooo silly. Im not even gonna waste my time anymore. I bet most of you are mature adults (and i mean really mature) who cant find nothing better to do around the house!!!!!!!!!

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 07:30 PM
confused

I guess at least two trolls and maybe one real Sommer in here somewhere.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 07:31 PM
dabomb

Yeah you guys give this chick a break!!!!! Well to answer your question, i've never been to these hotels but i have stayed at the Astoria Opera. I had an allright experience there. That hotel is by Best Western. The price range is about $150. The rooms are average for Paris. So dont worry and cheer up you have a trip to plan!

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 07:31 PM
lookOut

I pity the French.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -