PARIS HOTEL HELP! QUICK!!

Mar 21st, 2001, 04:11 PM
Andy

PARIS HOTEL HELP! QUICK!!

Need to make immediate choice - Le Muguet or Le Clos de Medicis. I thank you in advance and eagerly await your responses.

Mar 21st, 2001, 04:28 PM
Rex

Now THIS is gratuitous posting - - I admit. But my fans are out in force today/tonight - - wink...

So here is pure plagiarism - - because quite honestly, I feel like I have never done that good a job in picking a Paris hotel.

===========================

Author: Donna ([email protected])
Date: 3/21/2001, 6:33 pm ET

Message: We stayed at Hotel Muguet last June and will be staying there again this June. The hotel came highly recommended on all the travel boards, in various guides, and the price was right. We were delighted with the hotel, the location, the service, and (especially) the value for the dollar. We loved it! It has two stars, but I'd give it three. (I've read that some hotel owners keep the stars down for tax purposes.) If the Muguet is available for your dates, I highly recommend it. If you do a search here on Fodor's (and on the AOL Paris board), you'll find dozens of other raves. I, personally, would hesitate to book a hotel that quotes one price and confirms at a much higher rate. And, I've learned that the experience once there is not necessarily proportionate to the comprehensiveness of the promotional materials (be it a website or otherwise).

==========================

Now I have to brace myself for all the comments about how big my head is getting - - to say nothing of my Pompous a**....

Best wishes,

Rex

Mar 21st, 2001, 06:23 PM
Andy

Dear Rex,
Thanks for your response. I had noted Donna's recommendation of Le Muguet, but had also read Lesley's equally enthusiatic 3/17 posting as to Le Clos Medicis. I do have reservations at both hotels, but need to cancel one of them. Le Clos Medicis is about twice the price of Le Muguet, but it is still well within my budget. Just not sure if there's a compelling reason to spend the additional money on the hotel room.
Thoughts, anyone?

Mar 21st, 2001, 06:35 PM
Madeline

Rex, your original reply was ok, but going again for a second time is inviting trouble.

Mar 21st, 2001, 07:43 PM
Donna

Hi, Rex! I don't mind your quoting me at all. But, I do wish you had edited off the last two lines which were not about Hotel Muguet, but rather the other hotel that particular poster mentioned in their inquiry.

To Andy: If all you do at the hotel is sleep, shower, and dress, it may be more compelling to spend the difference on dining, shopping and excursions.

Mar 23rd, 2001, 07:10 AM
Meg

Andy or Donna, do either of these hotels have websites? If so could you post the URL. Thanks!

Mar 23rd, 2001, 08:13 AM
RITA

Hi,
My favorite hotel in Paris is Hotel de
Lille on Rue de Bac..great location..
As I recall it's about $75 a night NOW...
In the 60s when I was first there it was
$2....I think I can find the address and
phone # if needed..Rita