Paris Hotel First Timers/3 Women

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am travelling to Paris with my mother and sister (first timers). We would like to stay in a hotel that is spacious and clean-something that captures the essence of the city, approx. $200. Thanks!
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 11:49 AM

$200 for one three-person room? Three single rooms? One double and one single? How spacious is "spacious"?
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 11:57 AM

http://www.hotel-collegedefrance.com

Hi, I'm not sure what your idea of spaciousness is but it is a beautiful hotel and the location is quiet. It is located less than a 10 minute walk to Notre Dame. The link above has lot's of photos. The price is also right in your range, if not a bit cheaper.

Sus
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

All 3 of us can stay in one room, (double and a single bed?) Spacious meaning we don't have to climb over each other...I know Parisian hotels are pretty small.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 01:26 PM

I stayed at the Hotel du College de France in December with one other woman and we had a room with 2 twin beds and plenty of walking room.

It was on the 6th floor (they have a lift to the 5th, so if luggage is not too much I highly reccommend, staying on the 6th floor. There is a view of the roof tops of Paris and in room 64 a view of part of the Eiffel Tower. I think the other two rooms on this floor were larger, so please ask. At reception the service is wonderful and they speak english without making you feel like you are stupid for not knowing how to speak french like a native. They also let me try out a few french words with out making me feel like a fool.

Very delightful. I am trying to get a single room for one night later this month. I really hope it works out.

Sus
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Original Poster

The College de France looks great. Do you or does anyone have any information on Hotel Ares?
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 01:46 PM

I know the Brighton Hotel has a triple Room and I believe it would be in the $200 range. It's right on the Rue de Rivoli, across the street from the Tuileries Garden and a block or so from the Louvre, a couple of blocks from D'Orsay
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 01:58 PM

Best Western Hotel Left Bank in a great location in the 6th, next to LePrecope, the famous restaurant, has a number of triple rooms, which are their largest rooms. They have tons of atmosphere with all walls upholstered in colorful toile fabrics, exposed rough beams, and large, all marble bathrooms. The price was about right until the falling dollar, but you might check with Best Western for deals.
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 05:49 AM

I second Patrick with the Hotel Left Bank. I stayed in a triple room and it was very large and nice. Can't beat the price for the location and breakfast is included.
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 07:01 AM

My vote is for the Millesime on rue Jacob. Take your leftover bucks and spring for something decadent - Hats maybe. If you want lots of money left over - outfits even - stay at Hotel Bonaparte. Can recommend both highly.
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 09:27 AM

We stayed in a spacious triple at the Hotel du Palais Bourbon on the rue de Varenne in the 7th. We liked the area enough to go back and stay at a different hotel on the same street.

Our room at the PB had three single beds, with enough room between them that we never felt crowded. The hotel isn't loaded with charm, but it was evocative enough for us. It is certainly within your price range, and the room is spacious. There is also a mini-fridge, and we had breakfast in the room, which I like.

This is a nice, safe and convenient street in an upscale neighborhood.
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 09:58 AM

Hi jp1579--

Have you thought about renting an apartment? It could be cheaper than a hotel. I found one on vrbo.com for $825 for 7 nights. Large enough for 4 people. There are many other rental agencies to look at as well. Do a search for 'paris apartments' and you will get a lot of agency recommendations. Good luck!
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 10:14 AM

If this is your first trip to Paris you may want hotel staff to rely on for assistance. Apartments work well on subsequent visits, but I recommend a hotel for the first visit. You have some good recommendations above.
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 04:54 AM

I agree with the Hotel Left Bak Saint Germain in the 6th, a great location to stay..They have triple room for about 150€..It is a really gfood deal for a 3 star hotel located in this area...Rooms are of good size, not too small...
http://www.leftbankstgermain.com
Have a good trip!
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Original Poster

Thanks!
We thought about an apt, but we figured we would miss out on the whole experience. We have narraowed it down to :
Hotel Bonapart
Hotel l'Avre
Hotel Mugeut

Although the more I read, the more it seems as if the 6th is the best area for tourists to stay, as far as atmosphere. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 04:49 AM

I think you will find as many opinions as there are Arrondisments on the best area to stay. I have stayed in the 1st, 8th, 6th and 7th and like the 6th the best. For a first trip, a central location is the best and the 6th is very central. The Bonaparte is in a very nice location.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 01:10 PM

I would rank those:

Hotel Bonaparte
Hotel Muguet
Hotel de l'Avre

. . .because Bonaparte is most centrally located, Muguet next centrally located, de l'Avre less central and some reports that rooms are showing wear (but still liked the hotel). Also, the first two have minibars and de l'Avre does not. . .
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 07:02 PM

What month will you be there? If summer, is AC a consideration? I know Hotel Muguet has AC. They also have a triple room at a reasonable rate.
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 05:02 AM

The Muguet is a terrific bargain, I have stayed there many times. Be sure you specify a triple for 3 people as they are spacious with 2 closets, but there are only 5 available. There is cable tv with English lanquage stations and a computer for internet in the lobby. The towels are of luxury hotel size and thickness, they have air conditioning during the hot months but unless just recently installed no minibars. You must reserve very early.
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 06:19 AM

My mistake about "Muguet and minibars"... I really was convinced I had seen that... well, my first mistake of the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -